Additional Driver Question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Additional Driver Question

Two-Sided

Hi Everyone,

Okay so I just got my M2 last week and have a ninja 250r. Its been a blast so far. I have a younger brother who is 18 years old, and is getting caught up in the motorcycle hype. If I were to add him as a second driver on the bike, how much can I except my premium to go up? I live in Brampton and he has a clean record.

Thanks,

Insurance is based on the highest-rated operator. If you are 17yo or 18yo, then your premium won't change at all because you and your brother are equally risky. If you are 19yo to 24yo, it could increase quite a bit. If you are 25yo+, it will increase a LOT. Basically, by adding your brother to the policy the entire policy premium will be determined using his rating characteristics instead of yours.

When i added my brother to my policy, hes 2 years OLDER then me. It cost about $1200 additional! But they made a mistake (put licensed date to this year instead of last year) but after it was cleared up, it didn't add any premiums because i'm the higher risk driver. But in your case, since hes younger and assuming he just got his license, your looking at doubling (almost) your premiums!

Easiest way to find out would be to just do a quote using his information.

Yeesh, how unfortunate we are to have brothers ;) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom