A website I found very intresting! - Track pedia.com | GTAMotorcycle.com

A website I found very intresting! - Track pedia.com

guym

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

"Welcome to Trackpedia.com! Full of turn by turn guides, excellent telemetry, informative videos, and the one and only community dedicated to drivers, riders, owners and enthusiasts of the open track. Trackpedia.com is always free and once you register you can update and extend all content to help your fellow drivers and riders. So buckle up and join us. There are currently 969 tracks and articles on the wiki. "

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page"Welcome to Trackpedia.com! Full of turn by turn guides, excellent telemetry, informative videos, and the one and only community dedicated to drivers, riders, owners and enthusiasts of the open track. Trackpedia.com is always free and once you register you can update and extend all content to help your fellow drivers and riders. So buckle up and join us. There are currently 969 tracks and articles on the wiki. "
It looks like it has some potential, as long as they get a strong community of knowledgable people making contributions. Nice post.

Why do they name turns at a track? Any significance (i.e. so and so crashed here so it's Gilles corner?) ?

Why do they name turns at a track? Any significance (i.e. so and so crashed here so it's Gilles corner?) ?
Sure, lots of that... like the Wall of Champions in Montreal.. named because of so many champions crashing on that turn.. most recognized ones:Damon HillMichael SchumacherJaques VilleneuveOther than that you've got honor/tribute paid to riders/drivers, like the Schumacher S, formerly the Audi S, on the Nurburgring.

Sure, lots of that... like the Wall of Champions in Montreal.. named because of so many champions crashing on that turn.. most recognized ones:Damon HillMichael SchumacherJaques VilleneuveOther than that you've got honor/tribute paid to riders/drivers, like the Schumacher S, formerly the Audi S, on the Nurburgring.

Makes sense. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom