'91 Suzuki GSX1100G | GTAMotorcycle.com

'91 Suzuki GSX1100G

If you don't mind. What is the asking price

It's a good looking bike. Nice flowing body work that blends well. Not like today's bikes with jagged plastic pointy bits ready to "take yer eye out".
I thought the gixxer based air/oil lump was pretty solid.
And no mamby pamby nanny state electronics.

It's a GSx. They've been making them since forever.
What's not to like... make sure it has oil pressure and shifts OK... we can fix the electrical.
DON'T pay a lot of money for it.

The GSx turned into the Bandit, same frame, same motor, same suspension till 2012... then they re-re-named it the GSx1250F till 2016
... so the big GSx was basically unchanged from 1981 to 2016 (went from air cooled to oil cooled and gained 150cc's). They're STILL a good machine. 35 years, they must be doing something right

Sorry... I just noticed it's a "G" not an "F"
EWWwwwwww

...but everything I said still holds true... I guess.... if you like the shaft drive (NOT THAT THERE"S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT)

Thanks guys.

It does remind me of the early '80s GS100E's which I enjoyed.

Kinda wish it had a chain drive but seems Suzuki did a good job on shaft drives if properly maintained. Another downside is the weight. Its up there close to 600lbs.

I had a few Bandit 1200's (still do now) and the engines were great. I figure this model was de-tuned at 100hp for low end touring torque.

If you get it just remember the shaft splines need special moly grease. I learned that the hard on my Wing and had to replace the rearend.

If you get it just remember the shaft splines need special moly grease. I learned that the hard on my Wing and had to replace the rearend.
It's any easy check. Put the bike on the centrestand (assuming it still has one), put it in gear and wiggle to see if there is any slop or funny noises. At the least that could mean wheel bearings, at worst the rear pinion and ring gears. If, like timtune suggests there is an issue, good luck finding parts.

Back
Top Bottom