9/27/2013 401 and Dixon | GTAMotorcycle.com

9/27/2013 401 and Dixon

alhope34

Site Supporter
My very close friend went down this morning at about 6:45 am on the 401 west just after entering from Dixon Rd. A few of you rode with him, I brought him along on just about all rides I lead and participated in last year. He used to have a black 250, just got a green 2012 650 ninja brand new this year. Not even 10,000 kms on it yet

Anyway, he was behind a big rig and went to the left to pass, he had to slam on the brakes for traffic. With cold tires his bike slid out and he ended up getting his left knee, shin and foot run over by the 18 wheeler. It was bad enough it completely tore apart his left steel toe construction boot. He said there was just the sole sitting on the highway. He'll be fine, but he needs surgery; pins and plates. It will take some time for him to recover. Even his thigh bone (forget the name) is broken. The truck driver never stopped.

He has no real idea what shape his bike is in or even where the tow truck took it, but that's the least of his problems right now.

everyone please be safe out there and remember tires get VERY slick this time of year!

GWS to your buddy. He's lucky to be alive after basically being run over. I'm sure the truck driver didn't even feel a thing unfortunately.

Thanks guys. He's in surgery right now, I hope it goes as well as it can.

Glad to hear your friend survived.

My wife watched a car t-bone a tractor trailer on the 400 last year. The tractor trailer driver thought he had run over a 2x4. Unless the driver was watching in his mirror, there is no way he would have noticed running over your friend.

Gws. Friend is lucky. Truck driver wouldn't have felt a thing. Don't blame him for not stopping, .

Update. He only actually had surgery earlier today. He had a rod hammered up his tibia. He's being released sunday. He normally lives alone so I'm forcing him to live with me for a while to make everything easier on him.

Back
Top Bottom