4th Side Road - Burlington, Gravel on road | GTAMotorcycle.com

4th Side Road - Burlington, Gravel on road

Mercaholic

A few of us just returned from the 4th Side Road, being a nice quiet road with great scenery.

On the blind curve, one from our group lost his front end while leaning and went down on a gravel patch. He was ok but the bike had a few bruises and visible road rash on the side covers and handlebar tip.

Anyway, we all looked the area over near the gravel patch and came to the conclusion that there was no reason for it to be naturally there except placed on purpose. The closest resident watched us from his window. One of the fellows when to his front door to ask a few questions and he would not answer.

Anyway, I dug this GTA comment up from a few years back:

""ebaoDY08-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Just did 4th sdrd again yesterday. I'm starting to think the neighbors put the gravel there on purpose to deter bikes from ripping through there. First corner from both roads are now graveled. Nothing anywhere else.""

We're calling Halton police today to ask that they meet us out there.

More later.

Yeah we took it easy through there - there is really no reason to rip it anyway - it's a lovely bit old Ontario farm country tucked away.
A warning from the cops to the idiots doing the gravel tho would be a good thing.

Ridge Road has a bunch that ain't there natural neither :(

Did you clean it up? Somehow I can understand if he did it on purpose, but I wouldn't like to be in his pants if the guy got killed there. (second degree?)

Did you clean it up? Somehow I can understand if he did it on purpose, but I wouldn't like to be in his pants if the guy got killed there. (second degree?)

Yes, we used out boots to sweep it to the ditch.

We called Halton police and were told they were too busy and short staffed so all we can do is monitor the curve and tread carefully.

4th Side Road is always dirty.
I don't think I've ever seen the first curve we meet after turning from Appleby clean.
Same for the one after the bridge. Rocky shoulders will do that.

Back
Top Bottom