403 at Wayne Gretzky closed | GTAMotorcycle.com

403 at Wayne Gretzky closed

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Somebody needs to be fired for this screwup. No word on injuries yet.

Before:

Now:
280478127_526677348911642_8618841935369781276_n.jpg

EDIT:
Rumours of collision on the bridge hitting that beam and knocking it off. Still seems like someone should be fired as that is a reasonable occurrence that the bridge should stand up to without catastrophic failure.

Last edited:
EDIT:
Rumours of collision on the bridge hitting that beam and knocking it off. Still seems like someone should be fired as that is a reasonable occurrence that the bridge should stand up to without catastrophic failure.

I also heard this on the radio:

"Police told CTV Kitchener a commercial motor vehicle, possibly carrying a front-end loader, hit the Wayne Gretzky Parkway overpass, causing the huge piece of concrete to fall."

News I watched had a cop saying the long slab on the ground "did it's job, and prevented catastrophic damage to the bridge after being hit."

News I watched had a cop saying the long slab on the ground "did it's job, and prevented catastrophic damage to the bridge after being hit."
Hahaha. Well, cop is half right. I still maintain that Dropping a concrete wall into traffic is a design fail. Especially because this couldnt have been an incredible hit as afaik, truck kept going. Blocker should be good enough to stop the truck.

This feeds my personal phobia of overpasses. I leave a gap in stop & go traffic and then scoot under and past. It’s very unnerving to sit still underneath and imagine getting crushed.
I’m sure there are a few more examples and it’s a totally valid concern. Unlikely…but valid.

Back
Top Bottom