2hr Milton Route | GTAMotorcycle.com

2hr Milton Route

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
I don't really ride out this way often, but am taking someone out for a 2hr ride tomorrow.
2hrs max loop starting and ending at 14th/Tremaine - will be early, so I'm not concerned about traffic.

For those of you who do ride out there often, any suggestions on this route or some things else to make it better?

Thanks!

1594503987934.png

Not sure what way your loop is heading but watch out for the switchback on applebee line by rattlesnake point. It's a steep hill and can be very intimidating going southbound (downhill) especially if it's a new rider you're going with.

Could you chop the top half off and make it all the way to Ancaster and ride around Sulphur Springs Rd and Mineral Springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If not, there’s a few more roads to ride around Snake Road such as...

From the bottom of Snake Rd go south on York Blvd to Old Guelph Rd—>Patterson Rd—>Valley Rd—>York Rd—>Old York Road—>back to Snake Rd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tremaine and Steeles is supposed to be closed this weekend...Snake Road in Waterdown is a good run...also out that way is York Rd to Valley Rd to Rock Chapel Rd to Sydenham Rd going down the escarpment...north of Milton off of Guelph Line you have 5th SR, 10th SR (used to be really bumpy, haven't been on it for a while) and 15th SR (all of these run east west to Trafalgar Rd)...there's also 20th SR but then it ends at a T and you have to go north or south to grab one of the other sideroads...there's also Cedar Springs south of Centre Street in Kilbride (Derry west to Tremaine south to Cedar Springs south)...Brtiannia between Tremaine and Cedar Springs is also fun (has a couple of valleys and uphill curves so be careful with a newbie)...SR 2 and SR 4 between Walker's Line and Appleby are fun too...

can you tell I live here LOL

and as @r3r3r3 said, Appleby is a tight switch back that is in horrible shape...the tarmac sucks, cars flying down it all the time...it's about the only road I avoid...Forks of the Credit is better than Appleby by a million percent

but north of Derry off of Appleby going east west to Guelph Line is Limestone...

and if you take Guelph Line north of the 401, you can also take WR 34 west to Hwy 6...

I have a lot of these on my YouTube channel if you're up to watching them (keep in mind, I'm not an aggressive rider)...

Thanks for all the tips.

He's an experienced rider, just not familiar with the area, so I'm not worried about skill level, but I don't want to waste time on crappy roads.
I removed the switchback on Appleby Line and also all the stuff north of the 401.
I've included Old Dundas, Sulpher Springs, Crooks Hollow and back over to Snake Rd, so it's much better now.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom