22 Sideroad Halton Hills | GTAMotorcycle.com

22 Sideroad Halton Hills

Brian P

Site Supporter
This is the continuation of Old School Road into Glen Williams (Georgetown). Fresh chipseal with lots of loose gravel. No warning, no loose-gravel signs.

From the Winston Churchill junction, it's visible, but from the Glen Williams end, it starts in the middle of a corner. I didn't go down, but it was a pucker moment.

Went through in my car; the loose stuff is now almost all packed down or gone. Be prepared for 20th SR to get chipseal next. The crappy paving job that frequently precedes it extends from Guelph Line to the town line west of highway 25.

Ya 2 years ago I almost went down on sideroad 15 when they chip sealed it. I still don't understand the concept of it. It's just a big pain in the ***

Chipseal is a fraction of the cost of a full repaving job. It actually makes for an OK surface once it settles down, but it appears that the step the local chipseal companies skip is the step of sweeping up all the loose stuff shortly after applying it - and in this case, skipping the step of at least putting "loose gravel" signs before the start of the application zone.

20th SR east of Guelph Line to the Esquesing Town Line is fresh chipseal and eastbound the warning sign is right at the start of it with no advance notice. On the plus side, it looks like they did a decent job of sweeping up the worst of the loose stuff, so it shouldn't take long to pack down. Also, the nasty broken pavement at the town line intersection is now fixed.

Add Appleby Line between Steeles and Derry to the fresh-chipseal list. It was just done today. Had to visit a customer down that way, in the morning they were just getting the equipment set up, and by early afternoon when I came back, they were done.

The chipseal starts at the top of the hill above Rattlesnake Point. The pavement going up the hill and around the corner is in really bad shape and needed fixing more than the section they chipsealed did. It's still like that.

Just came through 20th SR in my car. It still has enough loose stuff between the car tracks to be treacherous on a motorcycle. It would be rideable if you are very diligent about staying in the car tracks. (I intentionally put the car wheels between the car tracks to help pack the loose stuff down)

Back
Top Bottom