21,569 km of North America solo on a sportbike: Summer 2011 | GTAMotorcycle.com

21,569 km of North America solo on a sportbike: Summer 2011

viper84737

Hey so I've returned from my ride around the continent and I've organized my pictures and story into a day-by-day blog for y'all.

ridermike.blogspot.com

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Mike

TripMap.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like I've found reading material for this wet looking weekend.

Thanks for posting.

Meticulously detailed, this looks great! You do however fail to mention the actual motorcycle you rode on the front page :)

You're welcome, fellas.

espro: fixed!

I haven't calculated the total spent on gas/food/motels, it's a lot of work going through my receipts, so meh, you know? I'll "get around to it" some day.

What would you say was the most interesting day of the trip? Maybe you could pick out a few to link on the front page, going through 60+ is quite a lot ;)

Congratulations on a trip you will never forget. I am planning mine as well for next year... can't wait. Cheers for the great story.

Heh, espro, my sister says the same. With the exception of maybe 10 days somewhere in the middle, while I was in LA vegging, they're all pretty rad. I don't want to limit anyone's perspectives.

rg0r, where are you planning to ride?

Heh, espro, my sister says the same. With the exception of maybe 10 days somewhere in the middle, while I was in LA vegging, they're all pretty rad. I don't want to limit anyone's perspectives.

rg0r, where are you planning to ride?[/QUOTE

Viper... the plan is to get to Arizona and surrounding areas, not much further than that for now... its hard to go far with family waiting for you at home :) Maybe a 4-5 day trip, nothing crazy like this gentleman here ;)

Hey guys, I did my costs, finally. A bit higher than I thought:

$4140 US, though I suspect about $200 USD is incorrect here, but I have no way to audit any of those receipts cause of the stupid pre-pay-for-fuel nonsense in the US.
$505 CAD

All expenses include:
Food: $337 USD; $14 CAD
Fuel: $1309 USD; $204 CAD
Motel: $336 USD; $77 CAD
Sights: $297 USD; $0 CAD
Bike maintenance/tires/etc: $893 USD; $177 CAD
And because I lost a GPS, $211 USD included in that, haha :|

The rest of my expenses aren't worth mentioning.

Viper... the plan is to get to Arizona and surrounding areas, not much further than that for now... its hard to go far with family waiting for you at home :) Maybe a 4-5 day trip, nothing crazy like this gentleman here ;)

I hope you see the Grand Canyon. I went to the South Rim, but I'm fairly sure the North Rim offers just as sexy a view. You can see the whole thing from both sides anyway, so it's not like you'd be missing out on much if you chose one over the other. Aside from that, I hope you ride through Colorado and Utah, and I hear the north end of New Mexico is incredible, though I only went across the south, which was really nice, too. If you go into Colorado->Utah, check out Arches National Park in Moab, UT. That whole area is insanely beautiful.

Aside from that, I hope you ride through Colorado and Utah, and I hear the north end of New Mexico is incredible, though I only went across the south, which was really nice, too. If you go into Colorado->Utah, check out Arches National Park in Moab, UT. That whole area is insanely beautiful.

+111111111111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

10 days in LA and you never got in touch with me to go riding :(

I sorta disappeared from GTAM while I was out and about. Which days were you there? Did you ride the Angeles National Forest? Tell me you did.

I hope you see the Grand Canyon. I went to the South Rim, but I'm fairly sure the North Rim offers just as sexy a view. You can see the whole thing from both sides anyway, so it's not like you'd be missing out on much if you chose one over the other. Aside from that, I hope you ride through Colorado and Utah, and I hear the north end of New Mexico is incredible, though I only went across the south, which was really nice, too. If you go into Colorado->Utah, check out Arches National Park in Moab, UT. That whole area is insanely beautiful.

Thanks .. I made a note of that. Can't wait for my turn :). Let me ask you ... Now that you've done your trip ... Would you do it again? Would You do anything differently ?

Good lord you did this on gsxr 600? My back would've given out on me past London and I'm in my mid 20's!

I sorta disappeared from GTAM while I was out and about. Which days were you there? Did you ride the Angeles National Forest? Tell me you did.

Pretty much 365 days of the year... He lives there.

Back
Top Bottom