2024 WSBK/WSS Discussion Thread | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 WSBK/WSS Discussion Thread

All the best rider in the world are in Portimao!!! BMW is doing an excellent job so far..and Toprak is the man!

Showoff. LOL

World Supersport practice at Phillip Island is starting at 17:10 our time today, Superbike is tomorrow. Live timing is up, looks like no video feed. (that's normal)

Last edited:
Apparently the ship carrying all the extra stuff for the pits and spare parts etc hasn’t arrived as of yet.
Definitely going to throw a wrench into things.

Yeah that appears to be why they changed the test-day schedule so that today is all Supersport and tomorrow is all Superbike. Hope that's enough. Evidently a container ship with at least some of the Superbike stuff on it had to divert around Africa because of what's going on in the Red Sea.

I've got live timing up now. (correction/update) Fastest lap as of right now is 1:32.277 which is under last year's Supersport qualifying time. New pavement seems to be good.

Last edited:
Reminder, because Australia is on the other side of the international date line, this evening our time is Friday's events there. SSP and SBK FP1 just finished. WorldSSP Superpole is later tonight our time (it has been bumped to Friday to make room for the new women's class).

As if the season opener wasn't going to be interesting enough, now they've put in a mandatory pit stop during the middle of both feature-length races for a tire change due to safety reasons because they don't believe the rears will last race distance on the newly paved surface.

This is even after reducing the races to 20 laps.

Lots of strategy talk about whether to pit in after 10 or 11 laps.

Not the first time this has happened. The new surface has more tire-destroying grip. The weather may have its say, too.

JR is probably thinking "what have I done". Bautista was nowhere. Loki came out of nowhere. Expectations have been turned upside down. Will be watching the live stream.

You folks watching Superpole?

Lap records falling.

Things are going to be different this year ....

EEEEEEEN-teresting!!!! At least for the first few races before things settle.

So many new names in the mix now!

The compulsory pit for this weekend is also going to give a skewed perspective on what this season will ultimately bring.

Maybe... :ROFLMAO:

On another note, this winter break between seasons has seemed unnaturally long to me. MotoGP in Qatar in two weeks, baby!

Rea wasn't really happy with his yamaha in race 1! Toprak was really happy to pass Bautista on the straith of way..haha

4 different manufacturers in the top 4 in the superpole race ...

And I'm thinking a certain someone is regretting having changed brands.

Back
Top Bottom