2024 MotoGP Discussion Thread (No Links - May Contain Spoilers | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 MotoGP Discussion Thread (No Links - May Contain Spoilers

BigEvilDoer

Welcome to the 2024 MotoGP discussion thread!
Please don’t post up race results for at least 24 hours after the races are complete.

For starts, the Argentinian GP has been cancelled.
"Due to the current circumstances in Argentina, the Promoter of the event has communicated that it is currently unable to guarantee the services required for the Grand Prix to take place in 2024 at MotoGP standards.”

Balaton Park in Hungary is the alternate track for GP races at the moment, but it has yet to be homologated.

Forgot to mention it last year, I’m getting tons of offers from Ducati like below throughout the year. This package is $1,400 usd. If anyone is interested in one drop me a PM and I’ll see what’s possible (purchase on your behalf or swap names after)

Forgot to mention it last year, I’m getting tons of offers from Ducati like below throughout the year. This package is $1,400 usd. If anyone is interested in one drop me a PM and I’ll see what’s possible (purchase on your behalf or swap names after)

Sounds super-Lux!

I'm assuming it's $1400 per person.

Ugh why am I even inquiring? We usually camp...

Alright… MotoGP kicks off next weekend… Let’s take some predictions!

How many races before #93 MM Podiums and or Wins? I say 4 races.
How many races before #93 MM crashes? I say 2.
How many races before Pedro Acosta podiums?
Will Yamaha / Honda manage to accomplish anything this season?

Thoughts?

Can't even begin to speculate.

Testing has never been that indicative of race results with sandbagging, testing/tuning for new parts, etc.

My gut feel is that MM93 is still fast, and if he can forget how to ride like he's on a Honda, he will exact much more out of the GP23 than anyone else on the grid.

I don't think he'll crash as often either as he doesn't have to over ride the bike to wring every last bit out of it to be competitive. Psychologically, it must feel reassuring to know he's riding last years championship winning bike.

I think he will be top GP23 very soon in the season. Big question mark is how much has the GP24 improved? And will the factory riders come to grips with it faster than MM93 on his older spec bike?

Still feel it's very much a Ducati Cup this year.

All of the above coming from a non-Marquez fan BTW. I laugh gleefully every time he crashes in Qualifying when pulling his douche-nozzle antics.

Anyone watch the races today?
Some pretty good passes all in all for the GP.

Moto2 was shocking! Teams obviously haven’t come to terms with the Pirelli tires instead of the Dunlops.

Questions were answered. GP24 working well for Bagnaia and Martin. MM93 taking a very mature approach to learning the Duc, showing great restraint during the race.

Contrast this to Pedro who was the exact opposite, all aggression, no strategy! Once he calms down, he'll be a force, for sure.

If I was Miller, I'd be very worried about my seat on a factory team.

Contrast this to Pedro who was the exact opposite, all aggression, no strategy! Once he calms down, he'll be a force, for sure.

If I was Miller, I'd be very worried about my seat on a factory team.
100% about Pedro. Give him till the half way point of the season - he seems to be a prodigy and his talent level is still yet to be completely revealed.

As for Miller, well, unless he pulls a big @ss rabbit out of a hat and changes direction 180 degrees from last year, I can't see him being renewed. Great rider, but also one of the most inconsistent in the field IMHO.

As for Miller, well, unless he pulls a big @ss rabbit out of a hat and changes direction 180 degrees from last year, I can't see him being renewed. Great rider, but also one of the most inconsistent in the field IMHO.

A lot of inconsistent performers in the field.

Vinales and Aleix come to mind as well. Capable of winning a race given a certain track or weekend, but just not consistent enough for a WC.

Getting rid of the green track limits in favour of the progressive rumble strips seemed like a positive step.
I wonder if other tracks will follow?

Getting rid of the green track limits in favour of the progressive rumble strips seemed like a positive step.
I wonder if other tracks will follow?
Misano and Jerez have them too.

There was a crash at the end of the Moto3 race that appeared to be directly caused by the curbs which had the potential to be extremely serious. A rider dropped a rear wheel off the curb and highsided as a result. He and his bike came back onto the track and slid across the entire width of the track to the pit wall. He was at the back of the leading group so there was no one behind him, but it could have been much worse if he were leading or mid-pack. There have been several very serious incidents of riders getting hit by following bikes in recent years in similar circumstances, including fatalities.

Overall I think they worked fairly well, but riders are going to have to adjust and learn that they can't ride right to the edge of the curbing like they could before.

Holy crap what a race in Algarve, Portugal today.
Tons of drama and incredible racing. One of the best races I’ve seen in a long time.

Honestly thought Acosta was burning up his tires slicing through the field like that. Very surprised they lasted race distance. Spectacular performance and at 19 years old there's going to be alot of great races in his future.

Gutted for Vinales. Battling with stomach flu and done in by a gearbox issue. Damn.

Ducati's going to have to figure out how to manage the embarassment of talent they have. If their chips are on the Golden Boy Bagnaia, how do they protect him from friendly fire from the likes of Martin, Bestia and now MM93?

That Acosta kid sure can ride.

I think a lot of you Rossi guys are going to be won over by him in the near future; they guy has MM talent with Rossi charisma. Funny enough he behaves a lot like Marc does with Catalan/Spanish audiences, but since Pedro does it in English so it gets more exposure in the Anglophone world.

Dang, I was hoping to get free streaming when my OAS kicks in.

Back
Top Bottom