2024 BMW R1300GS Leak | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 BMW R1300GS Leak

Pick it up and carry? That would be a rough bar for almost any bike. A TY250 is close to 200 lbs. I can't put that on my shoulder and slog through deep mud. I have dragged a street bike out of a mud pit with a rope when powered forward progress was impossible.
When I was in my early twenties I weighed 165 lbs and could dead lift 320lb and squat 240lb.
Now at 71 I would need to carry a satilite phone to call in a Sikorsky.

he seems like a nice enough guy, but I cant help but wonder how much you really find out about a bike riding it around like a polite grandma :unsure:

Well I ordered a new 1300 GS today to replace my 22 1250GSA.I ordered the green one with all the boxes ticked.I really like the changes they have done and will eliminate a few things that I dislike about the GSA .I will do light off roading but my main thing is long distance touring which by GSA excels at as I am sure the new one will too.

That's awesome! Curious to hear your impressions.

I like the direction this GS is headed in, lighter, more compact in every dimension. And you can spec it out without all the 'tronix for off-road use. Basically fixes all my gripes with the current 1250.

I've not been an early adopter for a long time, prefer to let others figure out what's good/bad and report back to the hive mind, but I can see myself on this 1300 in a few years time if the reality intersects with the hype!

he seems like a nice enough guy, but I cant help but wonder how much you really find out about a bike riding it around like a polite grandma :unsure:
Just first impressions using a dealer demo bike. So it is not a long term test.

Decent guy, an American in Germany

Will see better tests as the international press event is planned shortly.

That's awesome! Curious to hear your impressions.

I like the direction this GS is headed in, lighter, more compact in every dimension. And you can spec it out without all the 'tronix for off-road use. Basically fixes all my gripes with the current 1250.

I've not been an early adopter for a long time, prefer to let others figure out what's good/bad and report back to the hive mind, but I can see myself on this 1300 in a few years time if the reality intersects with the hype!
The 1300GS will be my 4th GS since 2016 and each one has been better than the previous one and I am sure this one will keep the trend going.I have ridden sports bikes most of my 50 year riding career and I have really wondered why I did not start adventure touring much earlier.I have really enjoyed my time on the GS’s and the epic rides that I have enjoyed.

Last edited:
The 1300GS will be my 4th GS since 2016 and each one has been better than the previous one and I am sure this one will keep the trend going.I have ridden sports bikes most of my 50 year riding career and I have really wondered why I did not start adventure touring much earlier.I have really enjoyed my time on the GS’s and the epic rides that I have enjoyed.
Four bikes in seven years. Wow. How many kms? Have you given them a chance to prove themselves?

Four bikes in seven years. Wow. How many kms? Have you given them a chance to prove themselves?
Generally I like to get rid of vehicles before the warranty expires which in the case of BMW is 3 years to maximize the value in the used market.I usually average about 7-10000 kms a year and usually end up selling my used units to friends so being under warranty is a good thing.

I just changed out my 2019 M2C after 5 years/92000 kms and got 65% of its original purchase price which is great.Longest that I ever owned a car and it worked out quite well and hope the 24 M440 Cab that we got for my wife works out as good.

Generally I like to get rid of vehicles before the warranty expires which in the case of BMW is 3 years to maximize the value in the used market.I usually average about 7-10000 kms a year and usually end up selling my used units to friends so being under warranty is a good thing.

I just changed out my 2019 M2C after 5 years/92000 kms and got 65% of its original purchase price which is great.Longest that I ever owned a car and it worked out quite well and hope the 24 M440 Cab that we got for my wife works out as good.
Can I be your friend?

Looks like a lot of other beemers to me. Two front fenders or a fender and a beak . Either way one is redundant.

So what is the rated speed of those dual purpose tires?

About that. Couldn't easily find which tires come stock. Typical big adv bike tires are rated to ~130 mph.

If it's the same tires as the R1250GS, the street-oriented version will come shod with Anakee Adventure or similar which are 90/10 tires and have a H rating, good for 130 mph.

The off-road version comes with Anakee Wilds or similar, with a more aggressive tread pattern and have an R rating which are good for 106 mph.

Back
Top Bottom