2023 suzuki GSX 8S | GTAMotorcycle.com

2023 suzuki GSX 8S

In typical Suzuki fashion this platform will likely be around for 20+ years, lots of time for variants.

Parallel twins the new norm?
Bring back the "fours" and "v-twins"!
(parallel twins have been around since the time of Val Page and Edwin Turner)

Parallel twins the new norm?
Bring back the "fours" and "v-twins"!
(parallel twins have been around since the time of Val Page and Edwin Turner)
For sure Honda has gone that way. When I dismount from my NC750X, my next ride is one of my in-line Suzuki's or Kawasaki's for that satisfaction I had for the last 50yrs.... :giggle:

I was excited to check this bike out, but then Honda made the hornet and, IMO, turn the 8s sorta of obsolete...
As far as I can tell they are practically the same bike, what do you mean by obsolete? Pretend that sounds neutral, I'm only on first cup of caffeine this morning and having trouble nailing down tone

Looks good as an upgrade from 1st bike.

Looking on paper though it doesnt seem that much more powerful than some of the 650s and 700s

I look at the GSX-8S and wonder how much it really would have cost them to have preload adjusters. And what it is costing them to have those fiddly little bits of dressing on the sides, and a colour TFT display

Over seas the Honda Hornet has already been released and it's a £1000 cheaper than the GSX-8S in the UK and is more powerful and an all around great setup from what the reviews say but who knows how long till it comes out here. I wouldn't even bother with GSX it's so closely priced to an MT 09 which is just a different league

Over seas the Honda Hornet has already been released and it's a £1000 cheaper than the GSX-8S in the UK and is more powerful and an all around great setup from what the reviews say but who knows how long till it comes out here. I wouldn't even bother with GSX it's so closely priced to an MT 09 which is just a different league
My thoughts exactly @TwistedKestrel
Sorry for the delay

I look at the GSX-8S and wonder how much it really would have cost them to have preload adjusters. And what it is costing them to have those fiddly little bits of dressing on the sides, and a colour TFT display
Colour TFT should be really cheap right now and is almost required. If a new bike doesn't have one, everyone will ***** about it even if it barely matters.

I kinda wonder about that though. Like TFTs CAN be cheap. But ones ruggedized to survive a lifetime of weather & vibration? (Maybe I'm just assuming the best, and they haven't actually specified anything like that for instrument displays lol)

Back
Top Bottom