2021 Yamaha MT 09 SP vs 2021 Aprilia Tuono 660 vs ? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 Yamaha MT 09 SP vs 2021 Aprilia Tuono 660 vs ?

fixing mine to sell as we speak, but it's tricked out. most wouldn't be interested.

edit: yeah, the Grom market has always done well. gotta pay to play.

Last edited:
fixing mine to sell as we speak, but it's tricked out. most wouldn't be interested.

edit: yeah, the Grom market has always done well. gotta pay to play.

Send me a pm. The worst I would say is no thank you but thank you. I’m always looking for a good (great) deal . I’d prefer the dirtbike first but I keep my options open.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Just an update to this thread:

I ended up going a different route. I bought another 2017 Aprilia Tuono that is already done up as a track bike and my current Tuono will return to being a street-only bike.
Both Tuono’s are relatively the same - 2017’s, race tune, Hindle exhaust and forged wheels (picking those up this weekend - rain tires will go on the cast wheels).

(Shameless plug: My Versys is currently up for sale if someone is looking for a well set up sport touring bike. Kijiji price is $6,200 but if someone here wants it for $1k less than that we can chat.)

Here’s the new track ride!

64832a1ce09141a9c76a548508b9a84c.jpg

9e92e2fb09dae2c9f42a9327acbd590c.jpg

When in doubt…buy another one!

but now I’m curious why you wouldn’t just spring for the RSV4
price difference and joint pain?

I like that track bike
doesn't look like it'll make you cry when you have an off
not over the bike anyway
have a feeling the other Tuono is much prettier

When in doubt…buy another one!

but now I’m curious why you wouldn’t just spring for the RSV4

My neck and shoulder can’t handle a supersport riding position. The stock risers and MX bars will be going on this one before I ride it on track.
Also, the deal was way too good to pass on!
I was in Calabogie for a week for a couple of track days and vacation with the Mrs and this bike came up for sale in Montreal. Ended up meeting the seller in Ottawa and had to get 3 bikes home! The Mrs towed the 2 Tuono’s home with the truck and I rode the Versys home.

66e09fbb7cc447f2625f809c8fd954b9.jpg

The risers and MX bars might have clearance issues with the rsv4 fairing, let us know! Wicked track bike

I’m already anticipating this issue and I’ve got a couple of backup plans bouncing around to deal with that. We’ll see how bad it is. If I can get away with cutting out a little clearance area with a dremel tool, that would be best case scenario.
We’ll see.
And yes, the Tuono is amazing on track!

You use the exact same tie down loops and ratchet straps as I do :)

If the Ape doesn't work out, I've always found the GSXR to be kind on the back and shoulders for the track.

You use the exact same tie down loops and ratchet straps as I do :)

If the Ape doesn't work out, I've always found the GSXR to be kind on the back and shoulders for the track.

I think it’s time to replace mine. This happened on the way home. So glad I use more straps than needed….
e689116e9f566e1cff0fe15dc53bd8fe.jpg

I think it’s time to replace mine. This happened on the way home. So glad I use more straps than needed….
e689116e9f566e1cff0fe15dc53bd8fe.jpg
looks like you got your use out of them though.
what straps are these? are they retractable?

Princess auto sells the identical ones in orange. I now know exactly who has borrowed mine lol.

Princess auto sells the identical ones in orange. I now know exactly who has borrowed mine lol.
Do you recommend them? I did a quick search before on retractable straps and saw some mixed reviews on reliability

looks like you got your use out of them though.
what straps are these? are they retractable?

Ya, I think I’ve had them about 6-7 years…?
They’re retractable so there’s no loose strap flapping around. I like using them, but my main complaint is you have to stop and re-tighten them after the first 10 minutes of driving because they always pull a bit loose.

Ya, I think I’ve had them about 6-7 years…?
They’re retractable so there’s no loose strap flapping around. I like using them, but my main complaint is you have to stop and re-tighten them after the first 10 minutes of driving because they always pull a bit loose.

thanks. will look to grab a set. my rear underseat always has a few ratchet straps strewn about because I didnt have time to wrap them up nicely after use.

Back
Top Bottom