2021 Street Glide Quick Ride | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 Street Glide Quick Ride

Bought it just over a year ago.

Not boredom, not enjoying that kind of riding these days. That bike is not happy going slow.

I dont think any bike is happy puttering around, every bike i've ridden feels happier when you're giving er the beans

Wow. A thread that’s spreading a bit of love all over Harley Davidson - nice!

They pulled a rabbit out of the hat with the pan am, now we have eurobikers kicking HD tires.

Who’d have thought?

Pleasantly surprised, all I've read are scathing reviews of the rear suspension. Need more seat time and worse roads to pass judgement. As i said, turn in and getting the big over proved much nicer then i had expected. I did get some wheel hop on an aggressive down shift so even with it's alleged slipper clutch you still gotta be more smooth then sport bikes....or maybe i'm out of practice with my BMW auto blipper wizardry. Seemed to have less vibration then the 1200 Ducati Diavel i sat on, but i hear the motors pre 2017 have more vibration to them.

I'm looking forward to another round.
(y)
Yeah the "Rushmore" body upgrades smoothed out the "Harley Shake" (2014 and up). Most likely had a M8 which seem to deliver for the most part, and add's to the smoothness (2016 and up). Not sure about the slipper clutch, but I generally don't have to blip the throttle on downshifting, but I could be doing it wrong 🤷‍♂️.

I dont think any bike is happy puttering around, every bike i've ridden feels happier when you're giving er the beans
SG was just fine puttering! :LOL:

Bought it just over a year ago.

Not boredom, not enjoying that kind of riding these days. That bike is not happy going slow.
I hear ya there. I spent all day on my Thunderbird yesterday to Collingwood and back and the thought of selling the GSX popped into my head as I was cruising back down Airport Rd. The GSX needs a new rear tire so I'm not riding it but I'm sure once I get back on it and do what it does best, the thought of selling will be banished.

Btw, if you're looking for a great cruiser you can get pretty cheap, don't overlook the Triumph - only negative is dealer support and parts but HD has everyone else beat in that area.

I hear ya there. I spent all day on my Thunderbird yesterday to Collingwood and back and the thought of selling the GSX popped into my head as I was cruising back down Airport Rd. The GSX needs a new rear tire so I'm not riding it but I'm sure once I get back on it and do what it does best, the thought of selling will be banished.

Btw, if you're looking for a great cruiser you can get pretty cheap, don't overlook the Triumph - only negative is dealer support and parts but HD has everyone else beat in that area.
Thanks!

Both are somewhat in the back of my mind…well see

Except mine. Brand new Fatbob. At 3 months old the battery crapped out. HD didn't have any and couldn't get stock for 2 months. After I complained and made a big fuss, they put a customers battery that was replaced, in mine. Would barely turn over and needed a boost a couple of times.

Except mine. Brand new Fatbob. At 3 months old the battery crapped out. HD didn't have any and couldn't get stock for 2 months. After I complained and made a big fuss, they put a customers battery that was replaced, in mine. Would barely turn over and needed a boost a couple of times.
Why did the battery crap out? The original battery in my 05 Electra glide lasted six years and was never trickled charged or removed

Why did the battery crap out? The original battery in my 05 Electra glide lasted six years and was never trickled charged or removed
No idea. Parts can fail. What I couldn't understand was how a company that big, had no batteries in stock in in the middle of riding season. If they cared, they could have purchased some none Harley branded batteries to service their customers.

No idea. Parts can fail. What I couldn't understand was how a company that big, had no batteries in stock in in the middle of riding season. If they cared, they could have purchased some none Harley branded batteries to service their customers.
That’s not as much the company being bad aa it is a dealer or a lazy parts person not ordering stock

That’s not as much the company being bad aa it is a dealer or a lazy parts person not ordering stock

Yea, I know. Read what I was responding too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree. Not about the battery failing (stuff happens) But more about trying to aid a customer. I can understand HD not wanting to offer non-HD parts but they could offer to cover the cost of a replacement battery or something similar. To me (at least) it is those little things that go a long way in maintaining my loyalty to a brand or company.

Back
Top Bottom