2021 RSV4 and Tuono 1100 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 RSV4 and Tuono 1100

A couple notes, having had a quick peek:

- New ECU and IMU will catch it up with the latest from BMW and Ducati
- New swingarm is lighter, but I think uglier. Easier access to shock, possibly
- Styling definitely in line with the 660 range (LED headlights finally)
- Tuono pegs appear to be same height as the RSV4, despite claims made about making it more suitable for touring
- Tuono flyscreen looks lower?
- Tuono motor is identical, RSV4 gets tweaks, including displacement bump
- Wings! Everybody has to have wings!
- Bigger screens for watching calcio
- Might be the way it's photoshopped, but that seat looks wide and thin
- Both now Euro 5
- No word on the one thing that everyone is wondering: do they have fuel gauges!?

Other than the switch to a V4 from a twin, Aprilia tends to take the Porsche 911 approach of incremental updates every year or two, evolving rather than revolutionising. This is the first significant stylistic change since the original RSV4, though...

Seems like not too many changes, especially for the Tuono which is a bit disappointing. If you currently have a Tuono or RSV4, I would just hold on to it.

Seems like not too many changes, especially for the Tuono which is a bit disappointing. If you currently have a Tuono or RSV4, I would just hold on to it.
I think the RSV4 is a pretty significant update by Aprilia standards, as everything bar the frame has been changed in some way or another.

The Tuono is definitely less interesting, as the engine is the same. They've addressed a lot of the complaints I've heard about the previous model, though, including LED headlights, updated looks, and likely a fuel gauge. They also seem to be separating the standard (no longer RR) and Factory a bit by offering more touring bits for the standard. There's a possibility it'll have slightly different ergos, and they talk about improved pillion comfort (no photos, though). It's definitely not enough to make me want to trade mine, but helps it stay up to date. That said, the upcoming Glacier White paint might tip the scales...

The 2021 hypernaked field is super interesting, especially if the new Speed Triple and S1000R are decent. Tuono vs Streetfighter vs Super Duke vs Z H2 vs Speed Triple vs S1000R vs MT-10 is a whole lot of shades of awesome.

i dunno, fuel gauge, who cares. just have a distance to empty display, call it a wrap.
I'm perfectly happy with resetting my tripmeter, especially as every gauge I've used has been pretty inconsistent (on the ZX-14, half empty on the gauge was about 3/4's empty in reality) but the number of folks whinging about a lack of fuel gauge in the comments of every online item about the Tuono is entertaining. Assuming there's a gauge, I'm sure it'll do DTE as well. Hopefully it's more accurate than the one in my F-150 that always says I'll get double what I actually do when I leave the gas station...

(edit: one real beef I do have with the Tuono is when the fuel light comes on, you've got to find a gas station ASAP. Less than 20 km to empty is standard)

I'm perfectly happy with resetting my tripmeter, especially as every gauge I've used has been pretty inconsistent (on the ZX-14, half empty on the gauge was about 3/4's empty in reality) but the number of folks whinging about a lack of fuel gauge in the comments of every online item about the Tuono is entertaining. Assuming there's a gauge, I'm sure it'll do DTE as well. Hopefully it's more accurate than the one in my F-150 that always says I'll get double what I actually do when I leave the gas station...

(edit: one real beef I do have with the Tuono is when the fuel light comes on, you've got to find a gas station ASAP. Less than 20 km to empty is standard)
watched plenty of youtube guys rolling into the station with a dead engine. XR light comes on at 80

watched plenty of youtube guys rolling into the station with a dead engine. XR light comes on at 80
My ZX-10R gave me about 40 if I kept the revs down, which was plenty.

Having Google Maps handy in Android Auto mode takes the stress out of an unexpected fuel light appearance now that I know how little play there is, but I've got a pretty good handle on when I need to hit the 'Gas Along Route' button these days...

The 2021 hypernaked field is super interesting, especially if the new Speed Triple and S1000R are decent. Tuono vs Streetfighter vs Super Duke vs Z H2 vs Speed Triple vs S1000R vs MT-10 is a whole lot of shades of awesome.

Can't wait to see all these bikes compared.

My prediction is;

1Tuono
2)Super Duke
3)Streetfighter
4)S1000R
5)Speed Triple
6)MT10
7)H2

I expect the new MT10 to jump 2 spots at least when they finally revise it.

Interesting to see most of the reviews praise the Streefighter but say it's just too much panigale and not enough naked for street use.

My prediction is;

1Tuono
2)Super Duke
3)Streetfighter
4)S1000R
5)Speed Triple
6)MT10
7)H2

I expect the new MT10 to jump 2 spots at least when they finally revise it.

Interesting to see most of the reviews praise the Streefighter but say it's just too much panigale and not enough naked for street use.

only one of those is a purpose built naked bike ;)
The rest are sport bikes with upright handle bars

I would also put the Mt10 higher on that list

hmmm, not sure i agree. i assume you`re referencing the beast?

don't think MT10 revision 1 can hang with the big boys at the moment as an overall package, needs an update.

Depends on where you draw the line, but the Speed Triple and Z H2 are definitely not modified sportbikes either...

MT-10 is like the R1. Fantastic bike that's more than enough for anyone, but just a step behind the competition. There's nothing it does better than another bike. Track sporty and dyno king? Streetfighter. Street sporty and character? Tuono. Comfy hooligan nutter with tractor-pull torque? KTM. Nuclear reactor power and good for touring? Kawi. Practical hooligan and lots of gadgets? BMW.

There's nothing besides sounding amazing at which the Yamaha would get ranked superior, and even that's a toss-up with the Aprilia. It's either 9/10ths of the Tuono or 9/10ths of the KTM, depending on the riders' preference. Add an updated BMW and new Speed Triple, and things don't look any better. If you dig the Transformer looks or can find a deal, fantastic. But it's definitely the most dated bike in a fast moving segment.

Speaking of the segment, one glaring omission to me when looking at the list is Honda. Wonder if they'll ever join the party or if it's just too tacky for their taste. The CBR Pirate Edition would be less than ideal as a street motor, but maybe they could conjure up a torquey 1200 V4 that isn't as porky as the ill-fated VFR1200...

Depends on where you draw the line, but the Speed Triple and Z H2 are definitely not modified sportbikes either...

MT-10 is like the R1. Fantastic bike that's more than enough for anyone, but just a step behind the competition. There's nothing it does better than another bike. Track sporty and dyno king? Streetfighter. Street sporty and character? Tuono. Comfy hooligan nutter with tractor-pull torque? KTM. Nuclear reactor power and good for touring? Kawi. Practical hooligan and lots of gadgets? BMW.

There's nothing besides sounding amazing at which the Yamaha would get ranked superior, and even that's a toss-up with the Aprilia. It's either 9/10ths of the Tuono or 9/10ths of the KTM, depending on the riders' preference. Add an updated BMW and new Speed Triple, and things don't look any better. If you dig the Transformer looks or can find a deal, fantastic. But it's definitely the most dated bike in a fast moving segment.

Speaking of the segment, one glaring omission to me when looking at the list is Honda. Wonder if they'll ever join the party or if it's just too tacky for their taste. The CBR Pirate Edition would be less than ideal as a street motor, but maybe they could conjure up a torquey 1200 V4 that isn't as porky as the ill-fated VFR1200...

I wasnt able to find out where the H2 got its engine from, but I just assume its from the superbike

Speed triple originally was from an older daytona from what I have read

Honda has just given up on making fun bikes at this point

I wasnt able to find out where the H2 got its engine from, but I just assume its from the superbike

Speed triple originally was from an older daytona from what I have read

Honda has just given up on making fun bikes at this point
Well no Daytona that i'm aware of was 1000cc, so I'd say the ST wasn't a product of parts bin transfer.

Yeah ZH2 is an engine swap, and retuned.

Completely agree with @Priller on the MT10, that's where i was going with my comment.

Well no Daytona that i'm aware of was 1000cc, so I'd say the ST wasn't a product of parts bin transfer.

Yeah ZH2 is an engine swap, and retuned.

Completely agree with @Priller on the MT10, that's where i was going with my comment.

1610829007254.png

Not that there's anything wrong with this, if the parent bike is awesome im sure the sibling bike will be too

I am likely picking up a Tuono this year. I don't think the 2021 has enough of a change to warrant buying it over the 2020 with (hopefully) a discount.
cant go wrong with a supernaked

Back
Top Bottom