2021 insurance renewals | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 insurance renewals

Just got my renewal. Dropped from ~$2050/year to ~$1400/year! $50/month cheaper!!!

All I did was turn 25 and get a speeding ticket in my car haha
That's good. I called in when I turned 25 as my rate was basically unchanged and asked why I didn't get the expected drop. They told me that everyone else had gone up 25 or 30% so my "drop" was I got to avoid the increase. Grrr.

That's good. I called in when I turned 25 as my rate was basically unchanged and asked why I didn't get the expected drop. They told me that everyone else had gone up 25 or 30% so my "drop" was I got to avoid the increase. Grrr.
Classic move

Just got my renewal as well,
H-D street glide 2014.
Monthly $80.down by $40ish .
Idk how insurance works in this part of the world .But hey $80 monthly I’ll take it any fawkin day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renewal actually dropped! Didn't even realize it until I went to take a closer look for this thread.
Went $1025->$953 with Echelon

Echelon raised my rates by just under 1000 a year but Desjardins came in with a quote of half of what I was paying prior to this renewal letter

Renewal came in with an immaterial price increase. Shopped around and found a vendor that comes in about $75 less per year. Not much price difference, but the key difference for me is that this new vendor does insure supersports at rates within my price range (something i have been shopping used since last year), which my existing vendor will not underwrite at all.

Will be switching to the new vendor at the end of May.

Renewal came in with an immaterial price increase. Shopped around and found a vendor that comes in about $75 less per year. Not much price difference, but the key difference for me is that this new vendor does insure supersports at rates within my price range (something i have been shopping used since last year), which my existing vendor will not underwrite at all.

Will be switching to the new vendor at the end of May.
Who’s it with

Who is with Desjardins for their bike? What has been your experience?

Went down $25/month

Also called in since i hadn't received my renewal paperwork yet, turns out they had my address wrong. I'm looking at potentially $300 in 'stay at home' cheques.

I'm happy.

FYI - Just got a email and Johnson insurance was just bought out by Intact....

I guess there goes those rates.

M2 5 years, 31, Keele and Wilson area. My renewal came in at $100 flat per month just last month. I just bought a house and was looking to get the cheapest possible option. Enter TD and my girlfriends work discount. With the address in whitby, lady's discount plus whatever discounts for bundling, I'm now at like $62 a month. I think its time for an S1000rr....lol

Mine remained the exact same. To me that is still a win.

M2 5 years, 31, Keele and Wilson area. My renewal came in at $100 flat per month just last month. I just bought a house and was looking to get the cheapest possible option. Enter TD and my girlfriends work discount. With the address in whitby, lady's discount plus whatever discounts for bundling, I'm now at like $62 a month. I think its time for an S1000rr....lol

My brain went to the same when my 600 insurance got stupid cheap.... less than $40 a month. Thought a 1000 would be easy now, NOPE. Big difference and still expensive.

Back
Top Bottom