2020 Yamahas | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Yamahas

Tenere 700 is still a year and a half away
bike will be obsolete by the time you can actually buy one here
but they are collecting deposits for this vapor-ware bike
who TF is going to pre-order a 10K motorcycle??

Tenere 700 is still a year and a half away
bike will be obsolete by the time you can actually buy one here
but they are collecting deposits for this vapor-ware bike
who TF is going to pre-order a 10K motorcycle??

Based on what do you say 'obsolete by the time you can actually buy one here'?
You could argue that it already is as it doesn't really have any electronic aids.
No traction control, riding modes, engine modes.
It doesn't have ride by wire throttle.
It only has ABS that can be turned on/off.
Personally that's what I'd be looking for in a new bike, but other people like all the electronics.
Also, it is no longer 'vapor-ware' as the bike has ben released in Europe and there are already a number of real world reviews on it out there.

? Yamaha T700 is all i'm waiting on too, though its a silver lining. Such a bike shines on adventure, and the time is a blessing to save up for it, trips, reviews, let the Europeans be the beta testers so when the bike comes here all the kinks are worked out, not that there will be many, esp after their eternity of prototyping it.

it will also mean the KTM 790 will be proven reliable or not, and many used ones on the market so options to go New T700 or used kitted out KTM790 may be possible.

I think Honda is going to make the Africa Twin a 1100 big boy, and make the CBX line the competitor to the T700 and 790 without competing with the AT directly, time will tell.

? Yamaha T700 is all i'm waiting on too, though its a silver lining. Such a bike shines on adventure, and the time is a blessing to save up for it, trips, reviews, let the Europeans be the beta testers so when the bike comes here all the kinks are worked out, not that there will be many, esp after their eternity of prototyping it.

it will also mean the KTM 790 will be proven reliable or not, and many used ones on the market so options to go New T700 or used kitted out KTM790 may be possible.

The KTM has all the electronic bells & whistles if that matters to you but is also almost 50% more expensive in Europe.
I.e. In Ireland The KTM Adventure is €14,250 and adventure R €15,250...the T7 is €10,500

I think Honda is going to make the Africa Twin a 1100 big boy, and make the CBX line the competitor to the T700 and 790 without competing with the AT directly, time will tell.

That would be nice...or maybe Kawasaki makes a 21st century version of the KLR ;)

The KTM has all the electronic bells & whistles if that matters to you but is also almost 50% more expensive in Europe.
I.e. In Ireland The KTM Adventure is €14,250 and adventure R €15,250...the T7 is €10,500

That would be nice...or maybe Kawasaki makes a 21st century version of the KLR ;)

Don't need the electronics or like them on an adv, good point. I'd get a used KTM 990 before touching the 790 today, sat on a 790 and wasn't impressed, esp with how shaky the front light is on bumps and the size. The 790 is priced at $14.3k here now for the non-r version, not sure how much the T7 will cost, I doubt it will be a 50% diff in price here. I suspect the T700 will come in at $11-13k, since its 10k euros now I believe. Didn't know the KTMs were so expensive there, why, aren't they made in the backyard?

A plus is, our T700s will be Made in Japan, I think there's are in Europe somewhere. Kawi making a a new KLR would be awesome, esp if its in the same price range as the last!

Reactions: J_F
lol extra hundred bucks to be a rolling Monster Energy advertisement
Haha ya, not worth it. I have the 2009 Monster Energy zx6r...I wound't pay the extra money for it brand new, but it was a great deal used, so I said the heck with it. The R3 Monster edition seems to have too much going on also.
But overall, the new R3 is freakin beautiful. Inverted shocks, better braking, very appealing re-design. Overall, I think it's the nicest 300 made to date out of any brand, and hands down would take it over a Kawi 400...and I am a kawi fan boy o_O
Was talking to someone last night who was riding one and damm, does the all white one ever look nice (drool). What a sick *** bike to start on...or even ride around for fun. I regret selling the 300. Would be nice to have a 300 and a 600.

Don't need the electronics or like them on an adv, good point. I'd get a used KTM 990 before touching the 790 today, sat on a 790 and wasn't impressed, esp with how shaky the front light is on bumps and the size. The 790 is priced at $14.3k here now for the non-r version, not sure how much the T7 will cost, I doubt it will be a 50% diff in price here. I suspect the T700 will come in at $11-13k, since its 10k euros now I believe. Didn't know the KTMs were so expensive there, why, aren't they made in the backyard?

The KTM (just like the new BMW 750/850) is built in China

A plus is, our T700s will be Made in Japan, I think there's are in Europe somewhere. Kawi making a a new KLR would be awesome, esp if its in the same price range as the last!
The European T700's are built in France and the North American ones will be in Japan.

to each their own of course
but all the electronics I'd want in the T700
is ABS that I can turn off
the rest of that is junk that will break and leave me stranded
and/or cost big $ to fix

and if they are collecting deposits
and I can't go to any Canadian dealer and sit on one for 18 months

it is vapor-ware

to each their own of course
but all the electronics I'd want in the T700
is ABS that I can turn off
the rest of that is junk that will break and leave me stranded
and/or cost big $ to fix

and if they are collecting deposits
and I can't go to any Canadian dealer and sit on one for 18 months

it is vapor-ware
Maybe we'll get a street-able WR450R before the T700 comes to North American dealerships... ...that would be the day.

Reactions: J_F
I too am waiting for the T700, but the ride reports I've read so far seem to amount to a big "ho-hum", whereas the KTM 790 Adventure R ride reports are more along the lines of "best ADV bike I've ever ridden" (less so for the non-R). As mentioned, perhaps by the time the T700 reaches our dealerships a lightly used 790 R can be found for the same price.

I kind of want that 125 woods weapon.

I so wish we had somewhere public to ride those things around here (KW). I'd have one in a minute.

Based on what do you say 'obsolete by the time you can actually buy one here'?
You could argue that it already is as it doesn't really have any electronic aids.
No traction control, riding modes, engine modes.
It doesn't have ride by wire throttle.
It only has ABS that can be turned on/off.
Personally that's what I'd be looking for in a new bike, but other people like all the electronics.
Also, it is no longer 'vapor-ware' as the bike has ben released in Europe and there are already a number of real world reviews on it out there.
That's another plus for the Yamaha with me. I have absolutely zero need for electronic aids on a 70hp bike, especially with the added complexity it brings.
I'm leaning away from the 790 for those very reasons. My adv bikes spend time offroad, I don't want a tft screen on it.
My friends wife broke the tft screen on her f800 hitting a tree, BMW wanted $2400 for a replacement. No thanks.
The price difference between the t7 and the 790 leaves money to farkle the t7.
I just want a solid, reliable, mid sized adv bike to take anywhere the husqvarna isn't suitable for. I believe that will be the t7.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I so wish we had somewhere public to ride those things around here (KW). I'd have one in a minute.
There kind of is. Steel city riders is a club in Brantford area and Gopher dunes in Tillsonburg both have some trails. Neither are like the ganaraska forest or simcoe county but gets you out not far from home and can hit up those larger riding areas when you get more time. If your game for tracks that’s quite a bit of riding near you actually.

There kind of is. Steel city riders is a club in Brantford area and Gopher dunes in Tillsonburg both have some trails. Neither are like the ganaraska forest or simcoe county but gets you out not far from home and can hit up those larger riding areas when you get more time. If your game for tracks that’s quite a bit of riding near you actually.

Damn. That's awesome. I had no idea that existed. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom