2020 Season -- Will the pandemic end it? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Season -- Will the pandemic end it?

Nova Scotia definitely wasn’t going this year anyway. Next year it’s part of the plan. I would do mosport and shannonville last rounds. The next question is how many racers budgets are being affected by covid-19? Mine definitely is and depending on how long this goes on for it could affect my plans for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.....

Because we know what's going on, because we pay attention.
Because we know that CSBK is likely still working on contingency plans etc, because we have been actively involved in the series and understand the people who run it.
Because we care more about everyone getting through this and still having a series to race in then puffing our little chests out to look important and crying like stuck pigs on the internet.

Dude, this isn't about chest puffing.

All I want is for CSBK to issue a statement.

Silence since March 7.

Pathetic.

We all have access to the same information that CSBK has, and our crystal balls are equally cloudy. Any prediction that they make now is sure to have to be changed again ... just like MotoGP and WorldSBK have had to change their schedules multiple times.

Dorna is evidently talking about running MotoGP behind closed doors - no spectators and minimal crew, no promoters, no sponsors, just rider and mechanics and minimal support crew - with everyone doing a test at the beginning and end of each day - presumably this would be one of the new tests that gives a result in 5 - 15 minutes. Presumably WorldSBK would do the same thing. Means my rescheduled visit to Spain+Portugal would just become a touring trip, if it happens (contingent upon international travel restarting without 2-week quarantine periods before then). I'm not optimistic.

As far as what happens locally - if it happens, I'm in, if it doesn't, oh well.

Why do you care???

This thread has people in it who are actually active racers.... and none of us seem to care.

Why does it bother the arm chair racer?
You don't care? Then buzz off.

I care because a series I love has completely failed from a public-relations point of view. What are we left with? A diplomatic forum moderator doing his best, and a lame-ass magazine that can't even bother to get a freaking statement from CSBK:

If I was still dropping tens of thousands to compete, I'd be more than ******.

I'd decline to participate in the series.

... I care because a series I love has completely failed from a public-relations point of view. ...
Well that is totally unprecedented :unsure: and public-relations is such a vital part of motorcycle racing! Somebody should fire that volunteer ?

Well that is totally unprecedented :unsure: and public-relations is such a vital part of motorcycle racing! Somebody should fire that volunteer ?
Can't tell if this is meant to be sarcastic ;)

Totally sarcastic!
Near as I could discover the corporation that started the series went defunct 5 years ago! The CSBK web site links to a small bike shop in Dartmouth, and I would wager the net worth of the CSBK series entity right now is written in red ink.

Totally sarcastic!
Near as I could discover the corporation that started the series went defunct 5 years ago! The CSBK web site links to a small bike shop in Dartmouth, and I would wager the net worth of the CSBK series entity right now is written in red ink.
It's actually owned by Professional Motorsports Productions...is that who you are saying went defunct 5yrs ago?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

It's actually owned by Professional Motorsports Productions...is that who you are saying went defunct 5yrs ago?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
No that was not the company name I found.

Cool! CSBK.ca replaced the M-par logo with a Canadian Maple Leaf ? I was going to do that once until I looked into the rules:

Would be cheaper/easier/safer to just use a checkered flag ;)

Let’s just say the first 3 rounds get cancelled. What do you guys think will happen? Wash the season? Have a really short championship?

I doubt we will see any csbk racing before september.
Maybe one or two races ...perhaps this season?

Even if csbk happens in august I doubt few racers or fans would show up. Most people are not earning an income right now and money will be tight. CDN Racers (vast majority) finance themselves. just thinking out loud.

I doubt we will see any csbk racing before september.
Maybe one or two races ...perhaps this season?

Even if csbk happens in august I doubt few racers or fans would show up. Most people are not earning an income right now and money will be tight. CDN Racers (vast majority) finance themselves. just thinking out loud.

I still think racers will show up in August to mosport as it’s most racers favourite track. I would be in 100%! I think Nova Scotia is the one that many racers who aren’t interested in a full season will skip. NS would be an interesting first round as its probably the hardest track. Not one that you want to dust off the winter rust. From what I hear and it’s nothing concrete QC round is unlikely. At this point you could probably assume that round 1&2 are a wash.

I still think racers will show up in August to mosport as it’s most racers favourite track. I would be in 100%! I think Nova Scotia is the one that many racers who aren’t interested in a full season will skip. NS would be an interesting first round as its probably the hardest track. Not one that you want to dust off the winter rust. From what I hear and it’s nothing concrete QC round is unlikely. At this point you could probably assume that round 1&2 are a wash.

1, 2 and 3 I would think are toast...

Back
Top Bottom