2020 Season -- Will the pandemic end it? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Season -- Will the pandemic end it?

But why does it matter?

We all race for fun.

Right now. Nothing is happening all over the world.

Csbks first event is still 6 weeks away.

In 6 weeks a lot can happen. Why bother cancelling or pushing things back with no reason to do so yet.

That's like saying "fat people are healthy, because they MIGHT exercise"

CSBK should cancel everything because this MIGHT not be over fast enough.

MotoGP Catalunya and Mugello have been postponed. This now puts the tentative season start at Sachsenring in July. https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news-detail/motogp-catalunya-and-mugello-added-to-postponed-list

It's starting to be difficult to believe where and when they could reschedule all of these "postponed" events to.

WorldSBK still shows its next event as Imola Italy on 8-10 May, but that's only 4 weeks out, and it's hard to imagine that this would proceed. Next one after that is Aragon Spain on 22-24 May ... seems unlikely. Both Italy and Spain are on the mend with the virus having peaked. We'll see.

Italy’s lockdown extended to May 4th Imola WSBK race has now been scrubbed.

You seem really attached the schedule for someone who isnt racing...

It really doesnt matter what's being said or when. The country is uncertain how to go about day to day life, nevermind about people getting to race bikes, cars or anything.

Csbk is waiting for a proper government decision regarding how long this will be drawn out.

I don’t know, the Canadian MX national series modified its schedule in March getting rid of any May dates for races. They also updated that an announcement was being made May 1st for the status of June events.

To say nothing probably isn’t the right way of going about it so I understand the one guys frustration.

I can’t see any possible way CSBK is going racing in May, I would think June is unlikely as well.

It would be great to know what’s going on but with the current situation we are fu..ed until further notice. No one can give a certain date of when things are going to be ok to go racing. So who cares if they say or don’t say. Eventually when they know I’m sure they will say something. Until then just keep putting trick parts on your bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seem really attached the schedule for someone who isnt racing...

It really doesnt matter what's being said or when. The country is uncertain how to go about day to day life, nevermind about people getting to race bikes, cars or anything.

Csbk is waiting for a proper government decision regarding how long this will be drawn out.

Dude, one needn't be an active racer to have an opinion on how CSBK is conducting itself.

Obviously the CSBK is waiting, as you say. Nothing stopping it from issuing a statement, even if just to say, "Stand by, dear racers. We know you've invested thousands into the upcoming season, have made sponsorship commitments and booked time off work to participate in the upcoming season. We will update you as soon as we can."

That's it. That's all CSBK needs to say...and it can't even manage that.

I'm sure that reschedulings/workarounds are a logistical nightmare for all motorsport orgs at this time. And I'm sure CSBK are up to their eyeballs in contingency planning. The longer it goes on, the less likely reskeds are possible.

My only chirp to CSBK is, "For eff's sake, say *something*, fellas."

But, no. They've been quiet since March 7th.

Ontario's 28-day extension of the state of emergency, supposedly to be voted on by the legislature tomorrow, will take it to (if my figuring is correct) 21st May, which is past RACE practice weekend, past RACE round 1, and ends the day before CSBK round 1 and SOAR practice weekend (which are on the same weekend). That should officially kibosh RACE practice weekend and RACE round 1. It is anybody's guess how much of the restrictions are lifted after the state of emergency ends (if it doesn't get extended again). It is exceptionally unlikely (and not advisable from the public health point of view) that all restrictions would be lifted with an instant return to normalcy. So, officially, it would still be unknown - but highly unlikely.

Quebec has stated that they will not allow sporting events or large gatherings of people until August - I'm not sure if this is cast in stone yet but if that happens, it would screw up CSBK round 3.

No one knows what Ontario and Nova Scotia will do ... and it depends on what the virus does over the next few weeks. And on people - us - staying home and shutting down the transmission of this virus.

Ontario's 28-day extension of the state of emergency, supposedly to be voted on by the legislature tomorrow, will take it to (if my figuring is correct) 21st May, which is past RACE practice weekend, past RACE round 1, and ends the day before CSBK round 1 and SOAR practice weekend (which are on the same weekend). That should officially kibosh RACE practice weekend and RACE round 1. It is anybody's guess how much of the restrictions are lifted after the state of emergency ends (if it doesn't get extended again). It is exceptionally unlikely (and not advisable from the public health point of view) that all restrictions would be lifted with an instant return to normalcy. So, officially, it would still be unknown - but highly unlikely.

Quebec has stated that they will not allow sporting events or large gatherings of people until August - I'm not sure if this is cast in stone yet but if that happens, it would screw up CSBK round 3.

No one knows what Ontario and Nova Scotia will do ... and it depends on what the virus does over the next few weeks. And on people - us - staying home and shutting down the transmission of this virus.

And with some European countries chirping about slowly lifting restrictions ahead of us it will be interesting to see how that progresses and if there are lessons in the 3 week or so head start they may have.

WorldSBK Imola cancelled, Misano and Aragon rescheduled. That means their next round is first week of July at Silverstone.

My predictions....
All 4 first round cancelled !
- The Ontario band is till mid May and too close to Shannon...
- Mopar pulling out of every motorsport event in North America (CSBK might not find a title sponsor for the season)
- Icar is out, since not sport events till August 31st... check if the other provinces don't follow
- Shubie... heard they were also in the same type of boat as QC.

So... what 2 rounds left !? Doubtful... but some rounds might be rescheduled towards end of summer and might have double headers.

Any more guesses ?

My predictions....
All 4 first round cancelled !
- The Ontario band is till mid May and too close to Shannon...
- Mopar pulling out of every motorsport event in North America (CSBK might not find a title sponsor for the season)
- Icar is out, since not sport events till August 31st... check if the other provinces don't follow
- Shubie... heard they were also in the same type of boat as QC.

So... what 2 rounds left !? Doubtful... but some rounds might be rescheduled towards end of summer and might have double headers.

Any more guesses ?
Waiting for the "Zzzzz" from mrlowside

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I'm not entirely sure what difference such a statement would make. Everyone knows what the situation is.

I'm watching the WorldSBK and EU situation with interest, because I actually have an interest in that one. I was supposed to go to the Jerez round (booked everything in January when this virus was not much of an issue to most of the world). I rebooked everything to the Portimao round in early September. Not sure if that will be enough time. Not sure I can rebook everything a second time...

I'm not entirely sure what difference such a statement would make. Everyone knows what the situation is.

I'm watching the WorldSBK and EU situation with interest, because I actually have an interest in that one. I was supposed to go to the Jerez round (booked everything in January when this virus was not much of an issue to most of the world). I rebooked everything to the Portimao round in early September. Not sure if that will be enough time. Not sure I can rebook everything a second time...

I rebooked my Texas Hotel to November.. My fingers are crossed that it will happen but at least I can cancel that without any penalty.

Back
Top Bottom