2020 Season -- Will the pandemic end it? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Season -- Will the pandemic end it?

Airbnbs are cancelled, next is the flight and hopefully we can actually get a refund for our GP tickets

Be careful regarding cancelling the flight.
Do your research first.

For example, if it’s a non-refundable ticket booked directly through Air Canada...

If YOU cancel it, they give you a credit to be used by April 30, 2021.

If AC cancel the flight, they give you a credit to be used up to 24 months from the flight cancellation date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful regarding cancelling the flight.
Do your research first.

For example, if it’s a non-refundable ticket booked directly through Air Canada...

If YOU cancel it, they give you a credit to be used by April 30, 2021.

If AC cancel the flight, they give you a credit to be used up to 24 months from the flight cancellation date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked Air France and had purchased cancel for any reason insurance, so I should get 80% back. Otherwise they're only offering a one year credit.

As for the tickets, they said:
"The promoter of the event is currently working with the FIM to re-schedule the event and is also re-defining its ticketing policy.

This means, at the time I write, we are unaware of the option they will offer to their clients. "

Worst case hopefully my Mastercard can reimburse me.

Looks like Jordan might be doing a lot of trials riding this season (y)

Still no word from CSBK. Shameful.
Thousand$ spent to prepare by participants.
The organizers are mute.
Be mature, Colin, and say something, ffs.

What do you want him to say?
"Nope, we're not going racing guys, pack up go home." << what if that changes due to vaccine breakthrough or miracle cure or other forces, and then you're all bitching and moaning because you have to scramble to prepare your bikes.

"Yep, we're going ahead as planned at the moment" << then you're all bitching and moaning when it doesn't because you prepared.

The only thing he could say is, "Well, it's not looking good but we're doing what we can" << and then you'll all ***** and moan that his statement didn't tell you anything you don't know.

We're all in a foggy swamp, feeling our way out as best we can. Chill out, be patient, do some pushups or drink a beer.

Just because GTAM hasn't found a response from him, doesn't mean he hasn't contacted the pertinent people.

It's likely a matter of, we don't want to cancel, but the government might force it. No motorsport sanctioning body is going to defy the government law on this issue.

What do you want him to say?
"Nope, we're not going racing guys, pack up go home." << what if that changes due to vaccine breakthrough or miracle cure or other forces, and then you're all bitching and moaning because you have to scramble to prepare your bikes.

"Yep, we're going ahead as planned at the moment" << then you're all bitching and moaning when it doesn't because you prepared.

The only thing he could say is, "Well, it's not looking good but we're doing what we can" << and then you'll all ***** and moan that his statement didn't tell you anything you don't know.

We're all in a foggy swamp, feeling our way out as best we can. Chill out, be patient, do some pushups or drink a beer.
Oh, I don't know. Perhaps something like this (note the date):

And several *subsequent* rescheduling announcements (VIR, etc.)

Is that too much?

For all I know, you're CSBK's do-nothing PR flak.

All of these are contingent on local health authorities. I can understand the organising body not wanting to go too far out on a limb because (A) with this virus, things can change in a big hurry, and (B) all sorts of contracts are in place in the background, and breaking a contract without a justifiable reason (e.g. local health authority says no-go) could prove to be very expensive.

Everyone has access to the same information about what the situation is and what the trend is, but nobody's crystal ball is in focus.

Quoting myself because it's still the same situation (and that was only a couple of weeks ago).

It is now less than 4 weeks until the scheduled Shannonville RACE practice weekend. As of right now, Shannonville has only cancelled events scheduled in the first half of April. I have a hard time believing that practice weekend is going to happen as scheduled ... but cancelling/postponing it has other repercussions (when would they reschedule it to, when the rest of the year's weekends are already all booked up? what do you do with the people - like myself - who were planning to go to the first practice day because that's the one that was included with buying my RACE license?). So, it's not going to get cancelled/delayed until they get forced to.

RACE is in the same situation, CSBK is in the same situation, SOAR is in the same situation although they have a few more weeks of wiggle room.

MotoGP Catalunya and Mugello have been postponed. This now puts the tentative season start at Sachsenring in July. https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news-detail/motogp-catalunya-and-mugello-added-to-postponed-list

It's starting to be difficult to believe where and when they could reschedule all of these "postponed" events to.

WorldSBK still shows its next event as Imola Italy on 8-10 May, but that's only 4 weeks out, and it's hard to imagine that this would proceed. Next one after that is Aragon Spain on 22-24 May ... seems unlikely. Both Italy and Spain are on the mend with the virus having peaked. We'll see.

Oh, I don't know. Perhaps something like this (note the date):

And several *subsequent* rescheduling announcements (VIR, etc.)

Is that too much?

For all I know, you're CSBK's do-nothing PR flak.

LOL. I'm not, they can't afford me :)

But if you'd seen the negative response to moto America's series of non-statements you know why those event organizers with the luxury of time are using it to figure out what to do.

No statement changes the simple fact nobody knows what the hell is going to happen yet. But it's not looking good.

Back
Top Bottom