2020 Season -- Will the pandemic end it? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Season -- Will the pandemic end it?

If 50 riders show up that would be a new record.
... and it is in the woods miles from anything :| except Beaver swamps
It is a long way from medical help except for the fact that several riders are full time paramedics.
So if 30 people from 30 condos in Toronto want to gather for a day up north..... That would be ok too?

So if 30 people from 30 condos in Toronto want to gather for a day up north..... That would be ok too?
Well how about this;
I guarantee this season will be partner checking and spectators or pets will obviously be excluded entry for the season,
because that is only logical.

If anything happens in the 2020 season, it will be towards the end of the season, maybe. This virus is moving fast, and things could change in a hurry. We don't really know what will happen when hot weather hits - viruses generally survive in dampness, hot dry weather might just make them dry up and blow away. (Same reason the common cold is more common in winter than it is in summer.) Countries with warm dry climates haven't been hit as hard. Certainly travellers have brought some there, but southern locations haven't been hit anywhere near as hard as northern ones. We can only hope. May is probably out of the question, June iffy, July onward might have a chance, IF this virus proves to not withstand hot dry conditions.

Blackflies & mosquitoes yet to come, and share our blood around.
Tics are already out in full force. Check yourselves and your animals after you are out wandering in the woods over the next few weeks.

virus proves to not withstand hot dry conditions :| have you seen the distribution, it is everywhere from Greenland to Argentina and thicker around the middle of the planet.

I think the problem is it lives inside you and your body temperature is pretty stable
unless you get sick then it goes up until it goes down way way too much. and they likely survive that for a while too!

Last edited:
Relatively few reported cases in: Malaysia, Turkey, Israel, Pakistan, Thailand, India (population 1.3 billion), Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Singapore, Bahrain, Egypt, Hong Kong, Dominican Republic, Kuwait, Vietnam, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Cuba, Bangladesh (huge population). Granted, some of these countries jumped onto imposing travel restrictions very early (notably Qatar ... bye-bye, MotoGP round 1), and many of them might not have the best systems in place for detecting and monitoring this disease.

Within the USA, the most affected states are New York (by far), Washington, New Jersey. Florida is a southern state but they get an awful lot of tourists from northern parts, plenty of opportunities for cases to be imported and then transmitted person-to-person.

If anything happens in the 2020 season, it will be towards the end of the season, maybe. This virus is moving fast, and things could change in a hurry. We don't really know what will happen when hot weather hits - viruses generally survive in dampness, hot dry weather might just make them dry up and blow away. (Same reason the common cold is more common in winter than it is in summer.) Countries with warm dry climates haven't been hit as hard. Certainly travellers have brought some there, but southern locations haven't been hit anywhere near as hard as northern ones. We can only hope. May is probably out of the question, June iffy, July onward might have a chance, IF this virus proves to not withstand hot dry conditions.

I don't think any tracks will be doing anything in the months of May and June at the minimum unfortunately.

It's nice to think that when summer arrives it might blunt things, but the experts aren't so sure.

Good point about this being a global pandemic - it's always winter in some part of the world, be it northern or southern hemisphere. And with so much international travel, we could be living with this thing every winter as it hops hemispheres.

England just announced residents must stay home except to travel for work, buying food, seeking medical or exercising and will enforce it.

Each week the Canadian government representatives announce new measures. I wouldn’t be surprised something similar comes down the pipe sometime down the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
WorldSBK has officially postponed Assen to 21-23 August. (Was scheduled for mid April) Their next round is scheduled for Italy 8-10 May.

MotoGP's next round remains the Spanish GP at Aragon 1-3 May.

I hope they don't wait until the last minute to cancel France as once they do I have flights and accommodation to cancel with it.
I'd go ahead and cancel if I were you, hopefully you can get your $$ back.
I think its pretty safe to assume that any major events in the next 2 months will be cancelled if they aren't already :-(

I'd go ahead and cancel if I were you, hopefully you can get your $$ back.
I think its pretty safe to assume that any major events in the next 2 months will be cancelled if they aren't already :-(
BC Provincial health officers says there is a zero percent chance of restrictions being lifted before May. Most airlines have canned their pilots for at least a few months. Recreational international trips are not happening in May.

All the airlines have seemed to present a united front now of two year credit for your flight but no refunds. Apparently, you may be able to dispute the charge on your credit card.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom