2020 CSBK Season cancelled? | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 CSBK Season cancelled?

Mr. Lowside

CTMP just announced that the CSBK's pandemic-revised single-header Round #2 has been cancelled. (Round #1 at Shubi at the end of the month isn't happening.) This via CTMP email alert:

"The annual Superbike DoubleHeader [sic?] has also been cancelled due to COVID-19. The weekend provides spectacular racing action from the Canadian Superbike Championship (CSBK) as the series’s season finale event."

A visit to the CSBK site provides no news. PR still asleep. Webmaster too; Go to the "2020 Schedule" tab. Click on any item after clicking there and "Error: 404 - Category not found."

CSBK's provisional Round #3, at SMP (Sept 18-20) has apparently also been cancelled, though the SuperSeries still looks a go.

You're welcome.

Pro6 is showing a one day CSBK event at Calabogie on July 25. No spectators.

Did Colin break up with you in a ****** way or something? Steal your dog?
Easy to snipe from the sidelines, much harder to try to salvage something so motorcycle racing doesn't die completely.
Stakeholders are being communicated with, randos who like to chirp from their couches will find out what's going on soon enough.

Mr Lowside has been unreasonable in the past with a pandemic and all.

But....

At this point....sigh....he has a valid point....

I'll pay that. We're all growing frustrated and anxious. I feel for everyone involved trying to keep this whole circus afloat.

Hello Pro 6 rider,

We are excited to announce that our July 25th event at Calabogie Motorsport park will be a shared event with round 1 of the CSBK National series.

Hello Pro 6 rider,

We are excited to announce that our July 25th event at Calabogie Motorsport park will be a shared event with round 1 of the CSBK National series.
I seen that on their site. They are running 4 classes and a track day on that Sat? Wow! Glad I'm booked on Sunday. Its gonna be busy.

I seen that on their site. They are running 4 classes and a track day on that Sat? Wow! Glad I'm booked on Sunday. Its gonna be busy.
No Green group on Saturday. So for red and Yellow groups its a normal track day. Racers get to practice in the green group time slot. I just hope they all stay upright so there are no delays. Racing will start at 5:00 p.m. is the rumour I heard.

All the details, including schedule are on the Pro6 web site.

Re: today's CSBK press release — CSBK - CSBK targeting Calabogie launch for revised 2020 season

Ok. No spectators at CMP. Check.

So now we're looking at a revised four-round 2020 season, with Rnd #1 at CMP on July 25. Check.

Rnds #2, 3, and 4 are...?

<insert void>

The level of communication here is Green (not Yellow, not Red).

(And, no: Colin didn't break up with me or shoot my dog.)

Earth to CSBK: willing to do your PR for free. Seriously. Call me.

Back
Top Bottom