2017 CSBK predictions... | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 CSBK predictions...

True , but keep SOAR in perspective. many of those riders are pretty much inside the SOAR box and have not been anywhere else. So if they assume they are not competitive or are concerned about going to another venue you will get light numbers because of the unknowns. I do know all the riders that did participate from SOAR had a blast. I do know that the ones that spectated were bummed they didn't ride. So keeping in mind that SOAR has drawn in to the sport many new riders this would have been a big step for them. But next year if they have an event I expect the numbers would go up. Just look at what happened to the lap times. So everyone that attended was quicker. The SOAR buzz about CSBK is healthy right now. Which is great for SOAR and CSBK. Some very talented riders at SOAR that should be in the mix with CSBK. We may not have hit a home run this year,,, but if we can do a round two next year,, SOAR has some very focused riders right now,,,,, lets keep our fingers crossed for next year.

Well hopefully you're right and more people decide to compete in CSBK from SOAR

Well hopefully you're right and more people decide to compete in CSBK from SOAR
I'll likely do more CSBK rounds and less regional racing next year...throw out travel costs and the expenses are very close, and I'd rather be in the show again!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'll likely do more CSBK rounds and less regional racing next year...throw out travel costs and the expenses are very close, and I'd rather be in the show again!

It's weird going back to regionals after nationals and yes the costs are almost the same for the bike except for spec fuel which you only need for the race and qualifying.

Glad you had fun!

Ya! Whats up with that???

I went to SOAR last weekend but didn't race, just watched and helped out a friend and it was so chill! It feels like such a different animal now!
I didn't even show up...

Ya! Whats up with that???

I went to SOAR last weekend but didn't race, just watched and helped out a friend and it was so chill! It feels like such a different animal now!

You ride less but there's more work to do it seems at nationals. Regionals you just kinda go with the flow and missing a practice session is no big deal. Very different feeling in the paddock.

I didn't even show up...

You should come to Mosport! Your mind will be blown.

You ride less but there's more work to do it seems at nationals. Regionals you just kinda go with the flow and missing a practice session is no big deal. Very different feeling in the paddock.
Yes but you typically have longer sessions. This allows you to make a change and get an instant comparison. Rather then waiting for the next session. I think this is what helps so many regional guys drop lap times when they do a National. Regionals are fun and you should still do them to try things you don't have time to do at the nationals or are concerned it may mess you up. You can still learn a lot and progress. But the Nationals are different. That is why you should make a list of regional changes to try when you are at a National.

Any predictions for the last 2 rounds? Any upsets? Anything crazy you may think could happen?

Pro Suberbike:

Saturday - Szoke, Edie, Reidman
Sunday - Szoke, Reidman, Eide

Pro Sportbike: Card for the win both days

Am Sportbike: Desmarais Or Aubin for the win. Levillain on the box both days.

Am Superbike: Not sure about this one. Will Desmarais be on a 1000? Aubin and Bernhard are contenders for the win. Natale riding with a broken shoulder? And who knows what trackday fast guys may show up.

Saturday- McCormick, Szoke, Edie
Sunday- Same

After seeing all the TDs and motox training that Brett is doing, I wouldnt be surprised if he is the "Corti" this year.

Pro600...Card. Both times.

Am600....Burns hopefully

Am sbk...??? Everyone seems injured this year.

Ninja 300- Walker and Walker but the other kid will get the championship sadly.

Supersport 300- Whoever shows up on an R3.

McCormick will be riding at Mosport ???
Can anyone confirm !?

ProSBK:
Sat: Szokes, Young, Reidman
Sun: Szokes, Reidman, Young

ProSS:
Sat: Card, Casas, Dacash or Hornblower (if they show up)
Sun: same

AmSBK:
Sat: Aubin, Bernhard, Desmarais
Sun: Bernhard, Aubin, Desmarais

AmSS:
Sat: Desmarais, Aubin, Levillain
Sun: same

SS300:
Sat: Walker, Szokes, Paradis
Sun: Paradis, Walker, Leclair

Last I heard McCormick had bikes motors and gear,, needed money for tuners and weekend costs. So at that time it was not happening for lack of funding.
T Rev is back on a new weapon. Reidmann figured some stuff out at Shuby. Edie is getting more figured and Young is do! So knowing how Mosport is a hard place to book out,, all you need to do is stay in the draft. Jordan may find some company on that last last. If that was to happen,,, Bodie and Ben have the weight on their side with the draft! And well we can't forget Michael Leon was ripping it up at Shuby and Jeff Williams has found a lot of stuff evident by the last RACE round. Jeff has a lot of time at Mosport in deep talented crowds.Well then we might as well toss Sam Trepanier in there he has been riding well and Doug Lawerence is do for breaking out.Will Mitch have the R1?Is Frank Trombino healthy? So there is nobody you can rule out! The last place you want to be on the last lap,,is in first! Unless you can book out,,,which is rare at CTMP. The best place to be those days is there watching this unfold! When the lights go out,,,,,,,!!

Last edited:
Curious as to why so many predictions for Card to win both races? Something he hasn't done all year.
He's had well sorted bikes at all rounds but still unable to hit the top spot. For sure he's got the speed, but what is missing to win??

Tomas's 2017 will be completely sorted out by CTMP and should be right for a good showing...again. The championship is pretty much locked up but the kid is hungry for wins and wants to show he deserves the title.

Curious as to why so many predictions for Card to win both races? Something he hasn't done all year.
He's had well sorted bikes at all rounds but still unable to hit the top spot. For sure he's got the speed, but what is missing to win??

Tomas's 2017 will be completely sorted out by CTMP and should be right for a good showing...again. The championship is pretty much locked up but the kid is hungry for wins and wants to show he deserves the title.

Because Mitch showed up last year having not raced a national all year and destroyed the whole field....in both races.

Back
Top Bottom