2016 motorcycle show question | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016 motorcycle show question

I've never been, but am considering going to the 2016 show. You can buy new bikes, at the show? I thought the manufactorers went to the show, not dealers. And I thought you had to buy from dealers, and couldn't buy direct from manufactorers. Sure, the manufactorers will post their suggested MSRP, but I didn't think you could buy from them. I'm clueless and know nothing though.

Edit: I'm talking about new 2016 models, not the used bike sales area.

Last edited:
There will be plenty of dealers. Which dealer or which bike you want...phone them up and ask if they're going.

GP Bikes always has a big booth, there was atleast 3 BMW dealers last year.

Can I purchase a motorcycle in the supershow on Jan 8th, 9th and 10th?
I believe there will be some new models for 2016
Or the bikes are just for exhibition only?
At the January show there will only be used bikes for sale and very few 2016 models on display

The February show will have all the latest 2016 models on display but you still want by able to buy most of them

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Went to the January show last year and there were tons of bikes for sale, lots of dealers and plenty to choose from. There were several new models there, although it is not the manufacturers show. The best deals are on the floor models from the year before. Strongly suggest you go, just for the good prices on motorcycle gear. Try sitting on some bikes, there's lots of them. If you find one you like they'll be glad to sell you one.

At the January show there will only be used bikes for sale and very few 2016 models on display

The February show will have all the latest 2016 models on display but you still want by able to buy most of them

Now a bit confused... All the manufacturers will display 2016 models at the feb. show? Is that also at international centre? whats the date of that show?

Now a bit confused... All the manufacturers will display 2016 models at the feb. show? Is that also at international centre? whats the date of that show?
Feb 19-21. It's like the auto show for bikes

The January show is like a flea market where you can buy gear

The show in January will have new bikes, they always do. They may not have all the 2016 models but the ones that have been sent to dealers already will be there. There's always big displays from the manufacturers.

If you go to the January show come by and visit. The kids will have a booth profiling their sponsors with various race bikes on display. RACE booth will be close by so you can renew your license or you can ask questions.

It's a good way to branch through the winter until the riding begins in 2016.

Thanks to: Tnemec Company, Riders Choice, Pirelli, Bickle Racing, Hotbodies

Edit: And now Hindle Exhaust

Last edited:
If you go to the January show come by and visit. The kids will have a booth profiling their sponsors with various race bikes on display. RACE booth will be close by so you can renew your license or you can ask questions.

It's a good way to branch through the winter until the riding begins in 2016.

Thanks to: Tnemec Company, Riders Choice, Pirelli, Bickle Racing, Hotbodies

I'll drop by for sure.

The previous posters are correct.
The January show is mostly GTA dealers and merchants. They sell mostly gear, used bikes and the last of their previous year's stock.
If you don't mind buying a floor model 2015 (even though it will be 2016) you can get a deal.
The February show is run by the manufactures themselves and will have the new 2016 models.
There is generally a local dealer or two on the floor if you want to buy on the spot.
It may be a month or two delivery wait as the dealers new bike inventory will be limited.

Last edited:
Can I purchase a motorcycle in the supershow on Jan 8th, 9th and 10th?
I believe there will be some new models for 2016
Or the bikes are just for exhibition only?

Yes you can. I have bought many at the jan show. If you buy 2015 you can get a deal and the one you buy is still in the crate. Not the one everyone is sitting on. If its the last one the dealer has and its on the floor, dealer will put a sold please don't touch sign on it.

If you are trying to be a frugal MFer the show is the best place to try on helmets and other riding gear and if you cant make a good deal there at the show at least you know what fits which helps for online ordering.

hey ! "Dirty Frank"!!
thats what they serve at the bikeshow !!

2012-11-28_14-28-58_997.jpg

Last edited:
Canadian Kawasaki Corporation and Harley-Davidson will be at the January show.

Back
Top Bottom