2016/2017 RSV4 RF / RF-W announced | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016/2017 RSV4 RF / RF-W announced

Shaman

Because there's not enough cool bikes being shown this fall (pfffft), Aprilia just dropped this. "It's a track bike, and there are five different versions available, from a track-prepped RSV4 RF all the way up to essentially customer WSB spec, with the option to add and choose stuff as you like. With 230bhp at the crank it'll hit around 210-215bhp at the wheel." With V4-MP, telemetry arrives as well. New in 2016 for standard bikes: for the RF a new öhlins shock absorber and V4-MP as standard equipment; for the RR and the RF new and attractive graphics.

Pictures below:

zhGPRMA.jpg

G5zhfuH.jpg

UA7r0xF.jpg

8PVS0gY.jpg

Last edited:
Will the rider have aids?

Will the rider have aids?

Not sure what the exact query is, but I assume you don't mean AIDS. heh heh

V4-MP allows you to set traction control, wheelie control and ABS for each section of a race track you wish, user definable and override with standard buttons. You can get realtime telemetry that of course is logged, and there are rider aids you can employ if you wish, which will indicate when you brake, or get on the throttle on your fastest laps - the screen of the assistant device flashes the colour to indicate that you braked or accelerated at particular points of the track on your hottest lap - very interesting in theory, not sure about the practice. The data logging includes multiple things - throttle application amount, brake pressure, lean angle, yaw angle, traction/abs/wheelie levels, amount of TC and/or wheelie intervention the ECU had to employ in corners, speed, etc.

For data logging, you could also use SoloDL if you prefer.

V4-MP is also available for current RF and RR bikes, but requires the bluetooth adapter kit, which is pretty rudely priced at $399 USD.

this will fast become the bike of choice choice for the timmies crowd

Last edited:
If I see one in a parking lot, they'd better not turn their back :)

q1qyyML.jpg

VCMik72.jpg

jIqoh7d.jpg

Last edited:
If I see one in a parking lot, they'd better not turn their back :)

q1qyyML.jpg

VCMik72.jpg

jIqoh7d.jpg

Lovely looking machines, truly. Hard to imagine these as old news someday.

Time to go Fundme. Com
Or we can just get a drunk tank for me

Time keeps moving the bar up... something tells me that we won't get much further before insurance intercedes, though :/

Fixed it for you. :)

Reminds me of the old musclecar wars of the late 60s and early 70s; killed in part due to emissions restrictions, in part due to rising fuel prices and also because of skyrocketing insurance prices.

Fixed it for you. :)

Reminds me of the old musclecar wars of the late 60s and early 70s; killed in part due to emissions restrictions, in part due to rising fuel prices and also because of skyrocketing insurance prices.

Ya, it was the emissions, fuel cost/shortage and insurance. But realistically, I think it's our betters protecting us from ourselves and the public on behalf of the public and ourselves. Like taking keys from a drunk.

Ya, it was the emissions, fuel cost/shortage and insurance. But realistically, I think it's our betters protecting us from ourselves and the public on behalf of the public and ourselves. Like taking keys from a drunk.

Hehe. Probably true :)

Sometimes I wonder how things, particularly with regard to cars but also to bikes, have been "allowed" to go as far as they have: a 525HP Ford GT350 Mustang; a 505HP Chevrolet Camaro Z/28; a 707HP Dodge Challenger "Hellcat". Modern cars are super expensive to fix (a Ford Focus ST HID headlight assembly is $1821 according to one source online...) If musclecars back in the day were basically driven to extinction in part because of insurance how can we have expensive-to-fix 700HP cars today?

I wouldn't have thought insurance companies would care about stuff like improved tires, brakes, suspension, stability control, traction control, ABS etc since they seem to focus solely on designations (e.g. "super sports") and/or displacements when it comes to bikes. Another example: SF didn't care my old 500R had ABS.

good quote from CMGuide...

MICHAEL: I was most disappointed by Piaggio, as in the whole group. I am a shamelessly biased, self-professed Vespa / Aprilia super fans, because I was an intern at Piaggio (they gave me my big break) and worked on and off for Aprilia during the golden era. They are so utterly rudderless, so colossally devoid of direction in either design or product planning now as to make me wonder if they even want to be in this business. Seriously, it is the EICMA, and all they gave us was a Guzzi Harley Sportster clone? So, so sad.

MICHAEL: I was most disappointed by Piaggio, as in the whole group. I am a shamelessly biased, self-professed Vespa / Aprilia super fans, because I was an intern at Piaggio (they gave me my big break) and worked on and off for Aprilia during the golden era. They are so utterly rudderless, so colossally devoid of direction in either design or product planning now as to make me wonder if they even want to be in this business. Seriously, it is the EICMA, and all they gave us was a Guzzi Harley Sportster clone? So, so sad.

Kinda agree with that. The V4 team has their head and can make hay with the bikes - to a point at least. But in all other categories... the rudder is there, but it randomly seems to jam and then free up again every couple of years. Piaggio is what happens when a really big company buys a few smaller companies and tells them "do what you do" but then sticks its hand into everything at random intervals. All of that said, the new V4s are the real deal, I love my 2013 too, but the 2016 is a straight-up weapon.

Back
Top Bottom