2011 Moto GP? | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

I don't know about anyone else here, but that looks like more than a 'scrape' ewwwwww

The pain in his face is evident. I don't. Blame him for not racing, how could your head be 'in it' when that just happened???

188d0e20-5d92-c69b.jpg

simoncelli will be the guy to watch, he's fearless to the point of maybe a bit reckless. Apparently he and Rossi are personal friends and he has the benefit of getting to talk to really top guys in his sport.
Hes exciting so the sponsors love him and hes very hungry.

Was a few pages behind on this thread.... Just caught up now... But seriously, Max Biaggi a nobody?!? Wake up man.

Come on, where was that said? Quote something....

Max is all but forgotten in MOTOGP.

I'm well aware of his WSB goings on. He went back to the minors in other words...

Nobody want's him in the Majors.

Or perhaps someone has some info on him signing on for 2012?

As far as the Lorenzo bit... "If he was leading by 5 points he would have done it" was pretty much what I was getting at.

The guy is being payed Millions to represent Yamaha, through contract.

Anyways, if it seems so harsh for me to say, it's probably because I agree with what was said earlier in the season about the new generation of riders.

Continue flaming/twisting words if you wish :)

cleaned up? Don't they both have 2 championships on the 800's?
you mention lactose intolerance and not a bone coming out of leg?

I think the victory score sheet does show he cleaned up. The only reason he didn't cleaned as far as number of titles is his two prolonged absences. That saved Rossi and opened door for Lorenzo in my opinion. Rossi break didn't turn out to be as bad as it looked at the beginning (I think the wonky shoulder has hurt his performance probably more). I am sure Stoner has collectively missed more races than Rossi ..... but anyways it is what it is.

To my they are both great riders, I just think that Stoner is the future and has certainly shown more skill to adapt to different machines and for that he deserves credit, many people are not willing to give whatever the reason might be.

Last edited:
To all this conversation about Stoner being better than Rossi because he won on a Duc, .......

Why do you bring this up again Stoner is better than Rossi???? Stoner is the most successful rider in 800cc (I hope you don't dispute that). If you cannot stomach that, oh well .... the evidence is out there very clear. And he did it on two very different machines something Rossi could not have done. Can you at least agree with that, or are you gonna blame the tires, frame or I don't know what else.

Time to take off the yellow tinted glasses, or is the 46 sticker blocking your view .... :)

I don't know about anyone else here, but that looks like more than a 'scrape' ewwwwww

The pain in his face is evident. I don't. Blame him for not racing, how could your head be 'in it' when that just happened???

Oh common, stop talking sense here. The tough GTAM racers here say he should have raced and certainly end up with a dead finger for the rest of his life. The same for Spies, guy goes down in very very fast corner, gets a concussion and imagine doesn't feel well next day .... I guess he should have raced two, right??

I am sure many local people with the same injuries would just grind out and line up at their SOAR race ..... yep, sure of that. Tough crowd ....

((
Come on, where was that said? Quote something....

Max is all but forgotten in MOTOGP.

I'm well aware of his WSB goings on. He went back to the minors in other words...

Nobody want's him in the Majors.

Or perhaps someone has some info on him signing on for 2012?))

Wow, WSB the minors eh? Good luck with that.
Canadian SBK maybe.

:)

I think the victory score sheet does show he cleaned up. The only reason he didn't cleaned as far as number of titles is his two prolonged absences. That saved Rossi and opened door for Lorenzo in my opinion. Rossi break didn't turn out to be as bad as it looked at the beginning (I think the wonky shoulder has hurt his performance probably more). I am sure Stoner has collectively missed more races than Rossi ..... but anyways it is what it is.

sorry man, I think a compound fracture is a bad injury. I can't even put lactose intolerance in the same category.

Let's say 2 health issues a piece, and 2 800cc championships a piece. Can't wait till next year.

Why do you bring this up again Stoner is better than Rossi???? Stoner is the most successful rider in 800cc (I hope you don't dispute that). If you cannot stomach that, oh well .... the evidence is out there very clear. And he did it on two very different machines something Rossi could not have done. Can you at least agree with that, or are you gonna blame the tires, frame or I don't know what else.

Time to take off the yellow tinted glasses, or is the 46 sticker blocking your view .... :)
actually I am a big fan of Spies, couldn't care less about Rossi, stoner or Lorenzo.

I am talking from the facts on information I quoted and presented an article, from someone that know more than you and me.

I think stoner is an amazing rider, like his style and how low he gets and how he drifts his bike, is he better than Rossi, we will have to see in many years once their careers are done and to be honest I don't care that much.

my opinion still is that if given the absolute same bike and opportunity with both of them alone on a track Rossi will come ahead, but I got no facts to Justify that, just my opinion.

Not arguing, don't even know why you getting your panties in a bunch

now if Tiger doesn't win any more majors that will piss me off, he needs to go on a hooker rampage

((
Wow, WSB the minors eh? Good luck with that.
Canadian SBK maybe.

:)

I don't think I need any luck claiming that MOTOGP is the premier league.

It's easily arguable that it may not be the most exciting one but moving from WSB to MGP is moving up. Just like moving from IRL to F1 is moving up. ARC to WRC. College ball to the NBA etc. etc.

You're free to think it's a lateral move and the bikes are the same if you want, I guess.

Funny it wasn't too long ago that most thought that Stoner was washed up, he was the guy that would run away from the rest of the field and then go tuck the front end and crash with a ten second lead in hand.
No doubt Stoner lucked out moving to Honda, the bike was simply the class of the field this year, and he rode this year with such confidence. Not only was this years Ducati slow, it was damn ugly as well. Ugly bikes rarely win.....
Rossi still the bench mark, but perhaps the torch will be handed over next year to either Lorenzo and Stoner to carry until Marquez comes on the scene.

((

I don't think I need any luck claiming that MOTOGP is the premier league.

It's easily arguable that it may not be the most exciting one but moving from WSB to MGP is moving up. Just like moving from IRL to F1 is moving up. ARC to WRC. College ball to the NBA etc. etc.

You're free to think it's a lateral move and the bikes are the same if you want, I guess.

Id call it a step down obviously, but the "minors" ?
Its the highest production based racing series in the world.
And your right mentioning its usaully more exciting to watch.

my opinion still is that if given the absolute same bike and opportunity with both of them alone on a track Rossi will come ahead, but I got no facts to Justify that, just my opinion.

Would your opinion still stand if the bike they were given to ride was the ducati?

Rossi still the bench mark, but perhaps the torch will be handed over next year to either Lorenzo and Stoner to carry until Marquez comes on the scene.

+1 Marquez on Honda is a scary thought I am sure for many riders in the paddock .... That kid is very fast, has great team and sponsors to back him.

That would be an interesting heads-up race .... doesn't matter how unrealistic this is to ever happen.

Would your opinion still stand if the bike they were given to ride was the ducati?

Good one, I think Stoners previous performance answers that.
Nickys faster than Vale many times this season.

Good one, I think Stoners previous performance answers that.
Nickys faster than Vale many times this season.

only if you could compare them riding the same vintage of Ducati.
You could compare lap times from the last year Stoner road a Ducati, but again it's a different animal compared to this years carbonfibre framed ducati.

Back
Top Bottom