2011 Kawasaki KX250F | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Kawasaki KX250F

S500K

Just wondering if anyone has road this bike / owns it? Any thoughts in general.

Would you want one?

have I ROAD one no...don't think anyone has. No, I wouldn't get it either. Already have the Ninja 250, if you're getting a 250 in the KX class only one worth looking at is the Yami WR250X

Depends what you want to do with it,its a good MX bike.For trail I would suggest looking at KTM,Gas Gas,Husqvarna.

Last edited:
What do you want to do with it?

I've ridden all of the current MX bikes and can give you some feedback

Only interested in the 2011 KX250f because I got a deal on it, if I want it new.

I like the features (forks, adjustments, FI) Have you plugged in a laptop or computer and made adjustments using the plug behind the front number plate? Noticeable differences between settings? How do you think the electronics will hold up over time?

Can you rank the motor out of all the bikes. I hear its strong and smooth from low-mid-high because of the FI. True?

Would use on track. Have land (100 acres) and currently in the works of designing my own track on about 2.5 acres with expansion to add another acre which I have set aside. Mid june / start of July should be done. The rest of the area and surrounding area there are trails which I could ride as a secondary purpose as well.

Only interested in the 2011 KX250f because I got a deal on it, if I want it new.

I like the features (forks, adjustments, FI) Have you plugged in a laptop or computer and made adjustments using the plug behind the front number plate? Noticeable differences between settings? How do you think the electronics will hold up over time?

All of the front line MX bikes have nearly identical features. All of them are using EFI, with the exception of the yamaha

the EFI tuning maps are not that distinguishable, a really good rider will notice the difference between maps, but most won't they'll tell you how much a difference it makes but if you made blind changes, most riders would not know the difference.

the custom tune feature will just have most that choose to use it making the bike worse than it was and more difficult to ride.

All of the FI bikes have this capability with different add on or OEM tools

The data acquisition feature of the ECU is cool however, and if you understand the information it returns, its a brilliant tool.

the new fork is a good step forward, its about time external preload was available on an MX bike(just don't tell anyone on this site that there is only a spring in one fork, they'll tell you that you're crazy and that the bike will not function properly)

Can you rank the motor out of all the bikes. I hear its strong and smooth from low-mid-high because of the FI. True?

it has one of the best 250 motors available, but, this also makes it more of a handful to ride, honestly, to tell the difference between any of these bikes, you really have to be a professional knit picker and REALLY search for flaws.

Would use on track. Have land (100 acres) and currently in the works of designing my own track on about 2.5 acres with expansion to add another acre which I have set aside. Mid june / start of July should be done. The rest of the area and surrounding area there are trails which I could ride as a secondary purpose as well.

I'm not telling you any more unless I get an invite to ride(who's designing the track? what level MX experience do they have/do you have?)

Thanks for the reply. Im really interested in seeing how the new fork set up works on the bike. No expert rider but I would give most riders a run for their money willing to bet against me. I have taken sections from tracks, put in some of my ideas and drawn out tracks and been in the works from last year (august). Have friends with dozzers etc to keep it good or perhaps change sections if I want.

*Invite would be possible, Tory Hill Area.

Its a great bike for MX.

I got my son one this year, he's just moved up from a CRF150R and is doing extremely well on it.

I race an RMZ250 and 450 and there is really not a lot of difference. I feel that the RMZ 250 may handle a little better, turns in a little quicker but the KXF has a better motor. Its more tractable and I think its easier to ride. There is no bog with this motor. you can chop the throttle and smack it open with no issues. Gearbox is light and shifts quickly and engages well. The clutch is also very light.

Handling is good but as I said not a good as the Suzuki - IMHO. Its important to set the sag and I had to end up dropping the fork by about 4mm in the clamps. The rebound and compression adjustment are very sensitive. One click does make a big difference.

Brakes are brilliant. The nissin calipers really do their job

He has about 70 hours on it now and I've only had to adjust the inlet and exhaust valve on the cam chain side once. I'll probably replace the valves and piston at 100 hours, I don't like pushing them much past that.

Overall, this is a brilliant bike. I think its overall the best 250 for 2011, and have ridden all 4 back to back. If you can get a good deal buy it, you will not be disappointed.

Last edited:
Drive bike is one of my favourite hobby. I like Kawasaki KX250F. Its very attractive and nice bike. Its launched in 2011. There are many benefits of this bike like Separate Function Fork systems, response crisper and more immediate so on.

KX250s are awesome on the track and on the trail. The KTMs and Huskies are definitely nicer but waaaay more high maintainance. I guess that all depends on how your ride them though. You could always get a KLX250 and join me on some good dual sport rides! :)

Back
Top Bottom