2010 Yamaha WR250X Build | GTAMotorcycle.com

2010 Yamaha WR250X Build

Such a great bike. They did a great job too. Looks real nice!

I didn't notice the skateboard wheels the first time I went through the page. Poor man's frame sliders, I guess

The price was $6000. I don't understand the question about the nine

I think maybe he meant "bike" but the phone maybe auto corrected it to "nine." Could be wrong though..

And the ad is down because I bought it! Nice little bike and they did a great job resurrecting it from its original state. Added it to the stable along with my other bike, should be fun.

Nice! Definitely looks like a fun little bike!

I think maybe he meant "bike" but the phone maybe auto corrected it to "nine." Could be wrong though..

And the ad is down because I bought it! Nice little bike and they did a great job resurrecting it from its original state. Added it to the stable along with my other bike, should be fun.
Congratulations

That's an awesome looking bike.... Let me know if you decide to sell it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I hope it stays reliable as those are nice bikes. To me that looks like a budget build flip on a heavily neglected bike.

Bike didn't seem so bad to me from the beginning except for the fluids and bent wheels. Skateboard wheel sliders are odd but really sliders are just sacrificial plastic anyway so if it works, who cares?

I didn't love the Diablo Rosso II tires on my bike. The Continental Sport Attack II seem to have better wet grip to me but maybe the Pirellis were just getting old. Both are available in a III version now which should be improved. I'll probably be trying the Metzeler Sporttec M7 RRs next time.

I didn't notice the skateboard wheels the first time I went through the page. Poor man's frame sliders, I guess

Believe it or not a set of used Powell peralta wheels off eBay for 10 bucks can actually make for better frame/axle sliders than some of the garbAge people are pAying 100 bucks plus for.

Woodcraft imo are the best frame sliders out there imo

Edit- infact ,thanks for the reminder,I'm gonna buy a set of Powell right now for my front axle and toss the useless r&g's I just bought in the garbage,hollow pieces of ****

Last edited:
I hope it stays reliable as those are nice bikes. To me that looks like a budget build flip on a heavily neglected bike.

Motor wise these little things are almost indestructible. But yes, I was totally aware of the situation, and the owner was more than happy to explain every detail and provide history and receipts for everything since new. It was bought for cheap and then all of the worn parts/bits were replaced to eventually be sold. After tearing the bike down further it's easy to tell it was just not cosmetically maintained well. It feels better than my previous low km drz's did. Only time will tell though, luckily they are cheap and easy to work on if anything comes up but I really don't expect it.

From what I've heard and read I can expect it to be even more reliable than my old drz's but with less power. First valve check is recommended at 42,000km in the manual.. But I will be checking them anyway before the season starts. Very easy to do for piece of mind.

Pics of the skateboard wheels / frame sliders please! I've always thought this would be a trick way of doing it.

After tearing the bike down further it's easy to tell it was just not cosmetically maintained well.

Filthy airbox, fouled rusted in sparkplug, filthy fork oil, frame marks, dropped, dented wheels, rusted spokes, banged up exhaust and bodywork. Cheap crash parts. Sounds like no maintenance period. Seller put lipstick on what a buyer would see.
Reliable motors indeed (when maintained). I'd be checking that whole topend before Spring to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom