2009 Honda CBR RR Vin question | GTAMotorcycle.com

2009 Honda CBR RR Vin question

fore!!!

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me if the VIN number that is stamped on to the frame is done by machine or done by hand? I'm thinking about purchasing a used bike and the VIN number looks weird. The VIN Sticker does match the one that is stamped in on the frame, however the first few numbers looks like it's done by machine and the last few numbers look like it's been done by hand. Can someone confirm that this? Is this how Honda stamps their VIN numbers?

Thanks!

Is it the same for US bikes? I brought the bike to a mechanic and he said sometimes the last set of numbers are stamped after it leaves the factory to describe colour etc.

Last edited:
The bike's colour is not coded in the VIN and it is stamped by machine.
Maybe take a pic (and remove a few digits) and post it here...

The last six digits generally designate the sequence that the bike came off the assembly line. The first 11 digits (except for the 9th one) all contain information which is generally known before the bike is assembled, so they could be stamped or etched on there before the frame is sent to the factory for assembly. Then another process would be used to stamp the remining digits. It could end up looking hand stamped.

Thanks fastar1, what you said makes sense. After doing more research, I think Honda etches the last few digits and i thought someone was tampering with the VIN. The number "9" (it looks so different from all the other digits). Maybe I was just be paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom