2008 GSXR-750 or 2008 CBR1000RR | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2008 GSXR-750 or 2008 CBR1000RR

I own an 08 1kRR for going on 4 years now, ridden a handful of 750's including the 08, but haven't owned one. This is just my opinion:

For the 08 1kRR, as previously stated there is a known issue with them burning. How will you know? You won't until you buy it, no way to really tell. Some had rings replaced under warrantee, but it was pretty tough to get honda to admit the issue and pay for the service work. They still don't admit it was a problem. Mine was fine, at the track running it hard (mid-red group), she does use a little oil, but not enough to say its an issue. Maybe 100-200 ml in a track day. But then again, any motor you push hard will burn some, IMO that falls under the "reasonable" usage category, not out of the norm. On the street, a wee bit, maybe 100-150 ml per 1000 km. Do check it often. Honda claims anything under 1L/1000 km is acceptable. The horsepower is really in a whole different category than the 750. You will have no problem doing a power wheelie in 2,3,4 the gear. All in all, the RR really does put a smile on your face and is a lot of fun. At no point are you wishing for more power. To be honest I would spend money on suspension before anything power related. I ride for the track more than the street. It is an animal on the track. To be honest, given how tight grand bend and TMP are, a 750 is the better choice, but on SMP or mosport, the CBR hands down. The 750 wins on insurance, usable power (the 1000RR is fun, but really is overkill for the street). I'm 6'3, IMO the 750 ergonomically feels too small.

You won't go wrong with either of these rides. I have never had a single problem with my 08k RR, the odo just turned 46,000. Complaints? fairings are hard to remove, they use little plastic clips everywhere that break easy. Other than the fairings, service is a breeze, except replacing the head cover, a bit tricky, but you only need to check valves a few times ever. Connectors are solid, well labeled, colour coded. You have a hard time putting the wrong connector in the wrong spot. You will use more tires than a 750, thats just the nature of HP, but its soooo worth it. 2nd sets of rims are hard to find for the RR if your doing track since I believe they get eaten up by the superstock classes. Plus side is you can use an 04+ on the rear, but you'll need an 08+ for the front. Parts are easy to find for both, but the RR parts are more expensive.

Just remember, big HP is also big responsibility. Mistakes on the RR are amplified, it is unforgiving and you need to have restraint. Good luck with either

油井緋色;1925709 said:
^Someone tell me if this guy gave a decent or useless reply lol
Think he's been on ignore for a year now.

Looks like a useless response. See below.

killerkeith said:
Aren't you broke and wasting everyone's time?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom