2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50

I am looking in to buying this bike this year.

has anyone owned it in past or own it currently?
just looking to see how it is? how is the controlling and riding it?

never ride cruiser before.. owned SS in past so don't have much of an experience in this type of bikes..

I owned a C50 previously. Different styling, so I won't speak to that, but the same motor. Coming from an SS, um, you're going to be very disappointed if accelleration, braking or handling are terribly important to you. Within the mid-size cruiser segment, it's a good bike, so I'm not knocking it, but what exactly is it that makes you want one?

i rode one on a demo last year. actually really liked it, but i'm not ready for a cruiser.

I owned a C50 previously. Different styling, so I won't speak to that, but the same motor. Coming from an SS, um, you're going to be very disappointed if accelleration, braking or handling are terribly important to you. Within the mid-size cruiser segment, it's a good bike, so I'm not knocking it, but what exactly is it that makes you want one?
thanks,

accelleration is not a big imp at this point.. just braking and handling are the main factor...

reason to move to cruiser is because riding motorcycle is my life and love it.. I have gone w/out motorcycle for one year.
SS insurance is very high just over $4000/year and can't afford that with my car insurance is another case.
I saw one M50 and requested quote and got $1000/year so it seems a better choice than anything else at the moment.

I am not ready for cruiser either but have got no choice..

Last edited:
Ride it with an open mind. I think the rear brakes on the M50 are drums. The bike isn't going to be as sharp as the SS, but its better than nothing! I am in the same insurance boat, and thats why I've got a cruiser too.

yeah.. now I have it and freaking insurance company says I have two claims so they won't insure it.

good that I have not paid the guy yet. will try to speak to seller and see what he says.. I am sure he won't be happy.

Ride it with an open mind. I think the rear brakes on the M50 are drums. The bike isn't going to be as sharp as the SS, but its better than nothing! I am in the same insurance boat, and thats why I've got a cruiser too.

I bought an '07 M50 new coming back into riding after 15+ yrs thinking a cruiser would be what I wanted to ride. Like others have said, it's a mid-size cruiser so as a cruiser Handling won't Be great nor will stopping power. But it's easy to ride, has lots of torque and good for city riding. Not too comfortable for long rides (lack of wind buffering, riding position, lack of upper end power).

After 2 seasons I sold it and bought a Bandit 1250. Not SS by any means but better handling, better brakes, more torque and more upper end power. Plus I have the full fairing and bags making it a great sport tourer.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom