2007 Kawasaki zx6r as first bike (need opinion) | GTAMotorcycle.com

2007 Kawasaki zx6r as first bike (need opinion)

R_yder

i am 6 feet-158 pound 25 years male.
don't really want to buy 250 cc,because i know i will get bore with it plus want to buy something that i will stick with next 5 years.
Please suggest me some 600-650 cc bikes

And also need opinions? what about Honda cbr600?

I would never go over posted speed limit
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Buy whatever bike feels comfortable. A CBR600 is arguably the most comfortable super sport. If you are a new rider and looking at a super sport you better check the cost of insurance and more importantly treat the throttle with respect because it bites back. You may want to check into a SV650

kawasaki ninja 650? more sport-touring sort of bike, but riding position might be more comfortable for a newbie.

don't really want to buy 250 cc,because i know i will get bore with it plus want to buy something that i will stick with next 5 years.

Had a 2008 (same bike) for 3 years, if you are looking to be comfortable then that is not the bike for you, aggresive riding position, however the power band from 3k RPM to 10K rpm is very tame and that for someone new is a good thing, however once you reach the 10k rpm you better make sure you have your big boy underwear on

Go and seat on some bikes
Good luck

...waiting for someone to mention ss for a first bike you will die get a 250 bla bla bla
popcorn.gif

Last edited:
Sitting on the bike in the store is not really that good a test. If you have your full license, go to the demo days and try the bikes out, or go to GPBikes, they will let you demo some bikes at any time.

Super sport bikes are not designed for comfort so if you're planning on taking it easy then yes, SV650, Ninja 650 or FZ6 would still offer way more performance than a 250cc bike and a much more comfortable sitting position as well as better distributed power delivery, especially in the city/traffic scenario.
SS bikes are generally very peaky and you have to rev the crap out of them to get them going. They just don't like low RPM. Can become a little annoying for daily commuting.

SS bikes are generally very peaky and you have to rev the crap out of them to get them going. They just don't like low RPM. Can become a little annoying for daily commuting.
Really? do you ride a 250 by any chance?

I have this bike.

It's super duper tame from 2krpm - 10krpm. If insurance is not an issue i'd say go for it. If you have limited experience just get a 650s or 650r and upgrade after a season.

I personally find low RPM/speeds good on my '07 gsxr600. On a side note, I find the gsxr quite tame in the lower RPMs/speeds; I haven't revved high yet but is this the general consensus? (stock bike) As a new rider I am finding it very easy to control for city driving.

Rode a Ninja 250, Ninja 500, SV650, CBR900, and RC51, also tested few other bikes.
Sport touring bikes have a "street" set up whereas SS are tuned for high speeds, with peaky torque.
Don't tell me that you think all the 600cc and 1000cc super sport bikes are designed for city driving.
I was just very surprised at your comment "to rev the crap out of them to get them going" maybe you and I have different concepts of what "getting them going" means. If you rev the crap out of them you will most likely pop your front wheel

I never said anything about city driving, they are designed for the track so i agree with you on that, my comment about the 250 was in no way to try and put you down, people can ride whatever they want but I found those are the only bikes i have ridden that you have to rev them to get them going

I guess I misunderstood and wasn't that clear in expressing myself either, sorry about that.
I've been a little pissy recently, sitting at home with a bad ankle while people are riding. :)

I should have said that compared to something like SV650 which I've had most of my experience with, a super sport requires more work in city situations. ... And I'm not against SS bikes either. I have just sold that 900RR with a great regret, just needed money for something else. I would love to afford having 2 or 3 bikes at one time. Each one for a different occasion.

Last edited:
I guess I misunderstood and wasn't that clear in expressing myself either, sorry about that.
I've been a little pissy recently, sitting at home with a bad ankle while people are riding. :)
lol no problem, tell me about it, a minivan hit me from behind a month ago and finally got myself another bike which i can not ride until tomorrow, everytime I look up and the weather is good it makes me sad lol

I would say do it. I am new rider too and I just got a 2004 ZX6R and its unreal. Do it. Do it and never look back.

Okay. Just throwing this out there. 600s are not THAT fast... Think about it!

Back
Top Bottom