2007 gsxr 600 headlight problem | GTAMotorcycle.com

2007 gsxr 600 headlight problem

itinkle

I was riding on the highway tonight, my headlight flickered and shut right off. Bike was running fine, I never touched the electricals. I stopped the bike and the light was Lightly flickering. On the way home, my headlight was flickering on and off making people think I was a cop or something. When I got home, I noticed the light kinda blinks lightly, but stays on.Is this the moment before the headlight dies?Is there a possibility of electrical problems, even though I have nev had electrical problems, never added anything since buying this bike? The previous owner put in an aftermarket bulb and it has never done this.Thoughts? I don't wanna be caught by a cop with my light flickering or shutting off completely.

Start off simple and get a new bulb. Then go from there. Sounds like a connection problem?

Hids or halogen?

There you go. Cheap after market hid kits(I have a set too). Usually bad ballast when they start to flicker.

Make sure all your connections are snug and tight. If you want a cheap fix grab a halogen bulb from cad tire and throw that set out($10-15). Or you could buy a new slim ballast see if that fixes it, if that doesnt fix it buy a hid bulb. Then if none of these work then I'm stumped

Dude I have the same bike and it did that and I have hids. Check the voltage level of the battery. My headlight would cut out above 2000 rpm because the voltage regulator had died. The ballast of the hids would protect the bulb from being over voltage would shut it off. It measured as high as 17 volts at the battery if I left it would kill the battery. New voltage regulator runs 217$ OEM and that year bike had no recall on-that part from Suzuki. Hope this helps

Last edited:
so you think it might have do with my regulator and not the bulb itself? I think you might be right because the bulb does flicker or even turn on sometimes. If it truly is the regulator, is it a PITA to install?

so you think it might have do with my regulator and not the bulb itself? I think you might be right because the bulb does flicker or even turn on sometimes. If it truly is the regulator, is it a PITA to install?

Time to start testing ... The charging system is the first thing you should check. Then if that's fine start looking at the HID, especially the ballast.

Did the battery go above 13 volts when revved on a multi-meter? or was it the HIDs. It took some time to install the new regulator but I had the manual and a couple of friends for advice aka Sircastic

Back
Top Bottom