2005 R6 sprockets sizes for SMP, Mosport & Bogie? | GTAMotorcycle.com

2005 R6 sprockets sizes for SMP, Mosport & Bogie?

Fili-mac

I'm still running stock sprockets (16 front 48 rear) on my 2005 R6

What sizes are people running for SMP, Mosport and Bogie?

I'm thinking of running a 520 chain and playing around with the sprockets if it's worth the effort.

Thoughts.....

I've got a 15/49 setup. Only time it sucks is T4 at Bogie. My shift point comes in the corner and I don't like sticking my foot under the pedal to shift while leaned to the left.... let alone shifting mid corner. I then either short shift coming into T4, or maintain throttle and shift as bike straightens up. Both suck as I don't get a good drive out of T4 and it's a fun corner.

GP shift would be nicer for that scenario.

With 15/49 I still have lots of revs left in top gear for Mosport.

No issues at other tracks at that my slow pace. 15/48 before that was very similar.

Curious what others run on that vintage R6.

Your pace is going to affect what gearing you run. My gearing is very different between Mosport and SMP so I don't think you'll be able to have magic ratio that will cover all 3 tracks.

Your pace is going to affect what gearing you run. My gearing is very different between Mosport and SMP so I don't think you'll be able to have magic ratio that will cover all 3 tracks.

Yeah I didn't think there was magical setup, was just wondering what to consider. I don't mind having a box of sprockets in the garage and setting bike up for the specific track.

Buck - I'm already running GP shifting, might consider 15/49

Fill-Mac

Based on your present pace

Try -1/+2 for SMP. You will notice a big difference out of Corner 1, 4b, 7 and the hairpin.

For CTMP change back to your stock.

My 2 cents

One other thing to consider if you are using tire warmers. Going to a -!/+2 will move the rear tire forward and reduce the clearance available for the tire warmer between the tire and the fender. Check to see if you have enough clearance as you might need a new chain that is one or two links longer (good excuse to go to a 520 setup).

Sorry this is a very basic question .... does palying around with the sprockets effect the chain lenght? Likely gonna try Bakaboy's -1/+2 suggestion for shanny and I hoping it is as simple as swaping out the sprockets

Sorry this is a very basic question .... does palying around with the sprockets effect the chain lenght? Likely gonna try Bakaboy's -1/+2 suggestion for shanny and I hoping it is as simple as swaping out the sprockets
With that setup, it is one link different than what you have. So the axle will move forward by half a link.

Back
Top Bottom