2004 Yamaha fz6 - throttle issue

To your private driveway mechanic YOUR bike is a $200 bike.

A lot of mechanics at shops are no different. Even dealers aren't much better; they're just armed with factory service manuals.

So where's YOUR factory service manual? Get one if you're going to keep the bike and work on it. If you have enough faith that team of engineers designed the bike well you should at least get the proper documentation that states what is what and where it goes and how it gets there.

Notice how I wrote factory and NOT haynes or chilton.

Working in a bike (especially a fast one) isn't supposed to be a puzzle. Puzzles are games: this is way more serious.
My factory manual is in my documents folder on my desktop. I will look up the rubber mat thing and snip a little picture here.
 
Damn. Seems like a bad omission on their part. Does it show up on the parts fiche?

Kudos to you for fixing it, obviously.
And also for having the correct resources, AND for seeing it through despite the deficiency in the manual.
 
Service manual doesn't mention this rubber mat.
I mentioned that I had an `04, same as yours. Any time I had the tank up I`m pretty sure I don`t recall seeing that rubber mat. Maybe Yamaha began using them during a specific time, after the manual was printed. Whatever... good for you getting to the problem and solving it.
 
Damn. Seems like a bad omission on their part. Does it show up on the parts fiche?

Kudos to you for fixing it, obviously.
And also for having the correct resources, AND for seeing it through despite the deficiency in the manual.

No, but when I check eBay, I see the mat for sale. But of course, I can't seem to find a part number to find it in a parts diagram. The hardest part was just figuring out how to take the intake tubes off without having the brass collars go missing. The key was not unscrewing it all the way, just enough to release the gasket.
 
I mentioned that I had an `04, same as yours. Any time I had the tank up I`m pretty sure I don`t recall seeing that rubber mat. Maybe Yamaha began using them during a specific time, after the manual was printed. Whatever... good for you getting to the problem and solving it.

I think you would need to remove the intake box in order to see the mat. Lifting the tank wouldn't be enough clearance to see it.
 
Back
Top Bottom