2003 ZZR 250 Idle Question | GTAMotorcycle.com

2003 ZZR 250 Idle Question

R3d

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, and I just picked up a 2003 ZZR 250. I love the bike so far, but I have a question. I currently have the idle set on it for about 1.3/1.4k. Here is the weird part. After riding, and coming to a stop, the idle drops back down to 1.3k where I set it. After I put it in neutral, or just sit there in first gear, after about 30 seconds the idle goes up to 2k, and stays there, sometimes goes down to 1.7k. This repeats every time I stop. I am wondering if this is something I should look at, or if its fine. On a side note I also cleaned the spark plugs because they got fuel fouled due to me constantly starting it to show friends in cold weather (lesson learned), and not actually riding it.

Any input is appreciated, thank you :)

I would replace the spark plugs... You can clean plugs all you want ... Some people think its okay to do so but for what little they cost and the amount of importance they play in your bikes performance it is a good idea that anytime your plugs are fouled just change them

Change them up and see how your bike is.. At the very least if the idke does not improve you take the plugs out of the equation as a possible cause.

Let us know how it turns out

Ok, I will do that next time I have time. Thank you.

wellcome to the world of ninja 250s. nothing has change in 25 years of them. most dont idle worth a dam.. get use to it.
a good carb cleaning will help for awhile

Just an update:

I seem to have solved the idling issue. Last time I adjusted it the engine must not have been 100% warm. What I did was I rode it for about 30 minutes, then waited for the RPM to go back to 2k, THEN I adjusted the idle back down to 1.3k, and now it seems to just stay there no problem.

Back
Top Bottom