2002 sv650 blowing ignition fuse | GTAMotorcycle.com

2002 sv650 blowing ignition fuse

lildevilx

Hey guys,

Want to get some advise for my issue on my sv650.
Short story, my friend dropped my bike at a stop and broke the clutch leaver. (Surprisingly the foot pegs and bar ends Safed everything else)
Fast forward to today, I got a replacement leaver that I just installed, started the bike and found the engagement point wasn't right. So I turned it off and adjusted the cable screws on both the side (leaver and down where the sprocket is) after playing with it a few times of turning on and off the bike, the bike suddenly wouldn't turn on. When I first press the ignition the headlights dims a bit as it usually does and I hear a small click. Afterwards the the ignition button just won't do anything. assuming it was the fuse that went I went and checked it and the 10a fuse was blown. So without a second thought, I went and grabbed the spare fuse and tried again. And click. The fuse blew again....

Now I'm at a bit of lost what might of happen and what's causing the fuse to blow?
Any suggestion would be great, thanks!

Check the clutch switch for damage, if it's shorted it will blow the ign switch.

Solutions to electrical problems always start with a look at the wiring schematic followed by some meter testing ;)

Do a continuity test between the fuse block and ground, to blow a 10 amp fuse you have a short to ground and considering the timing it is probably in the switch assembly on the bars.

Pretty sure I have an extra clutch switch for my 04 no clue if it would fit an 02 though.

I'm in Caledon, spend a lot of time in Vaughan and Toronto though.

Back
Top Bottom