2000 Ninja 250 Sprocket Change | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2000 Ninja 250 Sprocket Change

What did you have in it before or is that stock?
... I was thinking 13
He went very small there, that's a vintage 2-stroke trials bike, first gear would be screaming at a brisk walking pace.
If you had to go over anything higher then the front axle you would be better shifting up to second.

How about the MV Agusta F3, that thing has a cassette transmission, if I really want to go crazy I can quick change out my entire transmission gear cluster. :LOL: I won't be doing that, it wheelies very controllably in all of the gears I have found so far.

Oh I know that, best this bike to drop if i do than any other you know.
Yea, if you’re gonna do these things probably not a bad idea to have some spare parts lying around to minimize the time your bike is out of commission. I’d imagine a rear tire front wheel bearings, fork seals etc would be good to keep handy

Yea, if you’re gonna do these things probably not a bad idea to have some spare parts lying around to minimize the time your bike is out of commission. I’d imagine a rear tire front wheel bearings, fork seals etc would be good to keep handy
Do you or anyone here know if it's possible to install crash cage on this bike. I assume I would have to drill into my fairing but I don't mind they are scratched up and all from previous owner.

Now you are going to make the bike even heavier and bolt things on it that will hurt you even more when they fall on you, bad plan. Just learn to ride better.

You know if you move your foot pegs back an inch, that will lighten the front a little ;)

Last edited:
Do you know what a crash cage is for? I'm gonna drop the bike once if not more there's no doubt.You can't learn to wheelie better if you never done one before that's what stunting is. I can always take if off when I want. Why do you think they are used.

I was out tonight in a great spot with my buddy and I figured it out on my own pretty well. But it pops up a 10-11k rpm which is pretty high I might take it to the stunt section.

I went up 3 teeth in the rear on my 2008, if I was to do it a again I would probably just have gone 2. Around town I feel that it’s better then stock, on the hwy it will pull till redline now, maybe get an extra 7kph.. but as others have said unless you need to replace them no real point to messing with it. If it was a stunt only bike I would put a 51 or 52 on it so 2nd is now first but longer, first gear is so short on these bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a ninja 250? Have you ever
I went up 3 teeth in the rear on my 2008, if I was to do it a again I would probably just have gone 2. Around town I feel that it’s better then stock, on the hwy it will pull till redline now, maybe get an extra 7kph.. but as others have said unless you need to replace them no real point to messing with it. If it was a stunt only bike I would put a 51 or 52 on it so 2nd is now first but longer, first gear is so short on these bikes.

Ninja 250? You ever try to stunt or wheelie on it. That's mainly what I want the extra teeth for. If you did, did you notice a good difference. Like on what rpm you need to dump the clutch at. Right now it's about 11k I would like to drop that number.

great reply w your experience for the 250 ninja !
kind of surprised me that you were able get a higher top speed with the increased revs.

Was a ninja 250? Have you ever

Ninja 250? You ever try to stunt or wheelie on it. That's mainly what I want the extra teeth for. If you did, did you notice a good difference. Like on what rpm you need to dump the clutch at. Right now it's about 11k I would like to drop that number.
gearing is not going to change the high revs where your bike makes power. it will only give you higher revs earlier, at a lower speed.

to do wheelies w the 250 ninja your best bet is to learn and practice raising the front with an application of revs and clutch slippage to do "power up" or "clutch up" wheelies - which means slipping the clutch for revs, lifting the front, and then using the bike at lower revs to balance the bike - which doesn't take a lot of power to balance point. clutch manipulation is critical, use the grey area of the clutch without "dumping it" too much, but enough to raise the front. then balance with the lower revs.

this can be quite abusive to your clutch... until you got it down pat.

I really think you could benefit from hanging with some stunters in a safe place. best teachers for you.

disclaimer; Im an idiot, you can be severly injured or killed doing as I have said. Get qualified teacher(s) before even attempting. best luck!

Last edited:
I am learning and there's alot to learn about this. I'm surprised I even got it after a few tries. I was at a spot last night with alot of stunters on 600s and 1ks doing sick ****. But very few actually stepped aside and talked to me and my buddy. Mainly cause he's got a cbr 600 rr only reason I bet some did. The ones I talked to didn't seem to stunt or wheelie much if at all. Dosn't seem like they wanna waste time with me. Guess I'll be learning in the lot beside untill I can scrape like them ?

I think that's the only way I'll be able to wheelie this anyways no way your getting a power wheelie off a ninja 250. Just gotta learn the balance point and how to ride it out now.

Ya man the sparks were flying last night. One went down almost spun into my bike an r6, 600RR and fz-09 ? Everybody ran to catch it.

I think it's pretty cool by the way, totally crazy way to learn to wheelie but pretty cool that you would even try. Accentuate your body movement, she will come up very easy on almost any motorcycle that is short in the wheelbase and not obscenely front heavy. Then we see how much throttle control you have. ... you should not be doing it where vehicles are parked :/ what were you thinking!

Flat bottom of an abandoned sand pit or the grassy knoll would be perfect.

I think it's pretty cool by the way, totally crazy way to learn to wheelie but pretty cool that you would even try. Accentuate your body movement, she will come up very easy on almost any motorcycle that is short in the wheelbase and not obscenely front heavy. Then we see how much throttle control you have. ... you should not be doing it where vehicles are parked :/ what were you thinking!

Flat bottom of an abandoned sand pit or the grassy knoll would be perfect.
NO it wast me who dropped the bike it was someone on a 1k... I never dropped it. I was always aware of where i was if I was to come down no bikes in sight. Its a very good spot, lots of room. Thanks man.

My Jacket i wear right now is good but its HOT out now and especially just sitting in 1st gear in a parking lot dosnt help. My buddy has the Armour vest by i think by icon but it dosnt seem that protective. I want something like that but more protection. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom