2000 Ninja 250 Sprocket Change | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2000 Ninja 250 Sprocket Change

I suck at doing wheelies. Only ever happens off the start line, or maybe on the power over a crest or exiting a corner.

I cant be completely wrong going down in the front and up in the rear does make it easier to wheelie. I dont want to go faster i know it wont do that or add hp or anything like that. But it will increase acceleration and low end power hence easier to wheelie no? I know ill have to shift more and faster too. Im fine with lowering my top speed a bit.

You can wheelie that bike with stock gearing you’re just gonna have to be high in the rev range in first gear, probably even better to learn on something smaller. My bike goes to 12 o’clock real easy and if you’re not ready for that you’ll be cleaning your shorts
Is is capable up keeping the front end up or is it just a pop and done?

How about where you put one foot down and then do a huge wheelie and pivot turn around that stationary foot. Either foot.
Wouldn't that be way more cool handy to learn ?

How about where you put one foot down and then do a huge wheelie and pivot turn around that stationary foot. Either foot.
Wouldn't that be way more cool handy to learn ?
How about both! I feel like that's more of a dirt bike or adv thing though.

How about both! I feel like that's more of a dirt bike or adv thing though.
Floating wheelie turn?
Any monkey that can ride a unicycle can float a wheelie turn ;)

Oh I know that, best this bike to drop if i do than any other you know.
One that is non-street legal bare bones, bulletproof and weighs 160 pounds is way, way better.

One that is non-street legal bare bones, bulletproof and weighs 160 pounds is way, way better.
Maybe easier but that's not going to be realistic to what I'm riding. Doing a wheelie on a 150 bare bones machine vs this bike are not going to be the same. Definitely would be easier to learn on though don't doubt that

Maybe easier but that's not going to be realistic to what I'm riding. Doing a wheelie on a 150 bare bones machine vs this bike are not going to be the same. Definitely would be easier to learn on though don't doubt that
oooooo how wrong you are. Wheelie is all about front to rear balance on a motorcycle, it has zero to do with the motorcycle
other then maybe some of them starve for oil in that position.
... does your bike have carburetors? add potential fuel delivery problems.

And if it has nothing to do with the motorcycle why suggest that it's better on a 160 pound bare bones machine ? bike has carbs its a 2000...

Grom also has a super short wheelbase ;) no distance at all to loft the front wheel.
Street bikes generally sustain damage on every crash.

Carburetor floats are sensitive to nose up or down, fuel injection will even run upside down,
that's why they put upside down safety switches on them, they don't want to starve the oil pump from having it run inverted.

You completely missed the part of a lighter bike is lighter when it falls on you.

Last edited:
Avoid using a front sprocket with fewer than 14 teeth.
The 1976 TY175 i gave to my daughter has a 10t front sprocket. Makes the bike much better in the first few gears.

The 1976 TY175 i gave to my daughter has a 10t front sprocket. Makes the bike much better in the first few gears.
lol so all of the time I would be using second and third?

Back
Top Bottom