1st Bike (but 20+ year experience) recommendations in Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

1st Bike (but 20+ year experience) recommendations in Canada

skybike

Looking for my 1st Bike preferably Cruiser model & preferably under $6000 if possible.
Not a racer but just looking to buy to for local leisure & occasionally take my wife for some long drive.
Was looking at Honda rebel 300 and yamaha Vstar 250 but need your recommendations if any of these is good or any other suggestions please.

Looking for my 1st Bike preferably Cruiser model & preferably under $6000 if possible.
Not a racer but just looking to buy to for local leisure & occasionally take my wife for some long drive.
Was looking at Honda rebel 300 and yamaha Vstar 250 but need your recommendations if any of these is good or any other suggestions please.
The Rebel 300 and Vstar 250 are city bikes, that are not well suited to 'long drives', particularly if you're planning to go 2-up.

Lots of riders start on 500-800cc cruisers, so for under $6K it will be a used model -- lots available with low miles under $6K. There is a small difference between light and medium cruisers in operating cost and insurance. Good candidates are:
  • Yamaha Vstar 650, my fave, simple air cooled design
  • Suzuki Boulevard LS650 (Savage), another air-cooled single cylinder
  • Suzuki Boulevard C800/M800
  • Kawi Vulcan 900
  • Honda 750 Shadow
Less popular bikes are also available in this category -- there are other cruisers in the middleweight, (Revel 500, Vulcan 650, HD Streets, and 883) however none of these are made for 2-up 'long drives'.

Back
Top Bottom