1rst Gen sv650 Exhaust HELP PLZ | GTAMotorcycle.com

1rst Gen sv650 Exhaust HELP PLZ

1eye

Hello everyone I am new to riding and the sv650s and have bought my first sv.
Its a 2002 Sv650s. It is stock and I am looking to get a SLIP ON for it over the winter.
I found a great deal locally in toronto on a hindle FULL system. It is from a suzuki vstrom650. I was hoping to get it and just use the slip on for now because I am farily new to riding and there are many more COSTS associated with the FULL system such as Rejetting the carbs? and tuning? which is many more hundreds of dollars correct?
First of all:
- will this exhaust fit on a 02 sv?
- can i use the hindle cannister as a slip on for the time being? or is it only going to work with hindle mid and header pipes?
if I can only use it as a full exhaust I may have to pass since I am a newer rider and do not have the money to do all the extra necessary things to accomadate the full exhaust ! Thank You for any help or information!!!!

It won't fit without adjustments. The can should work as a slip on, don't know if it's worth it, depends what price is the full exhaust.
IMO. just get a used slip on for now. I'm sure you can find one cheap, these are popular bikes. I have Yoshimura on mine, sounds pretty good.

Rejetting and such - you shouldn't need to make any adjustments on the SV for now. The bike is fast enough. It may not have the top end acceleration and speed but it will be more than enough for local twisties, lots of low and mid range power.
I would focus on upgrading the suspension in the future because that's the weakest link on these bikes.
You may wanna get progressive springs for the front, especially if you're on the heavier side.
Popular upgrades include GSX-R complete front end and 636 rear shock but you probably won't be thinking about that unless you really push the bike hard or take it to the track.
A lot of people prefer 120/70r17 tire on the front as well, instead of 120/60r17.

Also stock seat sucks for long rides. I have a Sargent, much better, albeit wider than stock.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom