1987 Suzuki Intruder 1400 | GTAMotorcycle.com

1987 Suzuki Intruder 1400

I am looking at purchasing this bike this weekend. Here is the description I got of what is needed. Can someone advise if this is as simple as stated or will it be a major and costly Re and Re.

I know this is really a sport bike forum, but I would really appreciate a response..

The work needed is a couple of sprockets and a primary casing, the 2 sprockets go from the starter to the flywheel, its an easy fix, needs a battery, not seized at all, an fluids an plugs changed

i dont even want to know how much, dont waste your money. these bikes are the biggest pieces of crap, because suzuki put a pile of engineers in a room, and told them to make something to compete in the harley market, from a service point of view. two different carbs that are linked by cables that go out of sync after you put the tank back on. if the bike has starter problems now brace your self for future electricial problems. just tell the owner to take the bike down to the scarbro bluffs and ghost ride it over the edge for insurance......

i dont even want to know how much, dont waste your money. these bikes are the biggest pieces of crap, because suzuki put a pile of engineers in a room, and told them to make something to compete in the harley market, from a service point of view. two different carbs that are linked by cables that go out of sync after you put the tank back on. if the bike has starter problems now brace your self for future electricial problems. just tell the owner to take the bike down to the scarbro bluffs and ghost ride it over the edge for insurance......
LoL - and you would probably have Suzuki's profound gratitude; I'm sure they're still embarassed.
(The Tech Forum is not about sportbikes - it's for tech questions of any description.)
Brings back memories though... bad ones.
I rode sportbikes in the 1970s/80s, and when these things first appeared we were appalled, heheh...
At least something like a V65 Magna (or even V45) has that iconic motor, although the bikes are way fugly.
But WTF, if you like it/want it; buy it.
The Bluffs will always be there...

Back
Top Bottom