1964 Honda S90 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

1964 Honda S90

Hi @tricky I'd love to pick this thread up.

It looks like you left off with exhaust mount but never closed the door on the chain drive issue.

I just finished modding my '68 S90 frame and fabricating my version of mount brackets based off your design - thanks. Everything fit up just nicely until I noticed the sprocket on the motor is not centered with the swing arm. It is low enough so that it will chafe. Did you swap sprockets to a larger size / tooth to allow for clearance? I don't think there is enough material to remove from the frame to allow for me to raise the motor to make clearance.

I would love anyones feedback / solutions. I am board line considering chopping the rear and going rigid. Not my first choice as this will be my commuter bike for work. A square 20 mile daily drive. Oh the gas money I will save.

Cheers

I would love anyones feedback / solutions. I am board line considering chopping the rear and going rigid. Not my first choice as this will be my commuter bike for work. A square 20 mile daily drive. Oh the gas money I will save.

Cheers
Don't do it. If you tell the insurance company, they will likely refuse to insure it. If you don't tell them and you have a claim, they will likely reject it for undisclosed modification and you could be bankrupt. Also rigid on GTA roads as a commuter is a stupid idea as you have a high chance of crashing. Bikes are dangerous enough without intentionally ruining the handling in the quest for style.

um... thank you for your input. I have been riding choppers some many years and assume the risk and insurance liability. My commute is by and large for the most part on very sleepy 30mph roads. Id be surprised if this bike ever sees 40mph. Unless i go to 'track days' at my local raceway and pay for laps. ;)

Let's try to keep this forum focused on the Honda S90 motor swap technicals please.

This project could end before it really started though. The serial is S90-468404. Unfortunately, Service Ontario tells me this was never registered in Ontario. My only chance to get this bike on the road is to find the last region (province or state) in which it was registered on the road. This is the longest of long-shots, and this is coming from the guy who has transferred bikes without ownership papers before.
Actually it's the best news. Just did it. Being never registered means you show up with a BOS and your afidavit. The afidavit states you've checked for a UVIP and it didn't show up. Therefore you've done all the searching required and they can just print you out a registration.
Literally just did this just two weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom