180 vs 190 Rear Tire - 2005 R6 ??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

180 vs 190 Rear Tire - 2005 R6 ???

Fili-mac

Considering picking up a set of Q3's from Pete's Superbikes (50% off Deal). I've run Q3's and Q2's but always with a 180 rear, any benefit or issues going with a 190?

What is the effect of larger rear tire size?
I see they do it with small cc bikes too, CBR125, 250cc and 300cc. .....

I liked my 05 R6 with the 200 rear when I ran one. I found it was better mid corner.

Since you don't run tire warmers you will be good. If you opt for tire warmers down the road there won't be enough room for the tire warmer under the swing arm. Even a thin set like the Chinese Bickle warmers.

That is why I still run the SC 180.

Considering picking up a set of Q3's from Pete's Superbikes (50% off Deal). I've run Q3's and Q2's but always with a 180 rear, any benefit or issues going with a 190?

I ran the Dunlop 200 when I rode the Gsxr 600. No issues with getting warmers on there. I guess we should know what bike it is.

You get better drive grip with the bike leaned over farther as the tire has a bigger contact patch.

Ha

I just read your post again. You had asked about 190 not 200. O well, it's off season so my reading skills are just starting to improve.

The 190 fits on the 05 R6 but it was a tight fit for my chicken hawk tire warmers.

^ Thanks Dave I was wondering what you ran.

Last edited:
I ran the Dunlop 200 when I rode the Gsxr 600. No issues with getting warmers on there. I guess we should know what bike it is.

You get better drive grip with the bike leaned over farther as the tire has a bigger contact patch.
Same here with my previous ZX6RR. I will assume that even going from 180 to 190 the OP will need to do some suspension changes.

Stock size for my bike (2005 R6) is 180/55R17. If I'm considering a larger rear tire (190 or 200) do I maintain the 55 profile or go with the 50. The 190 comes in either a 55 or 50, and the 200 comes in a 50.

I need some help here?

You want the 55, the 50 is too flat and will make the bike lazier.

Go with the 190/55, the 200 that I used was a GPA not Q3 so a different animal all together.

Last edited:

I run 200 rear dunlop slicks on my 03 R6. Work great

I run 200 rear dunlop slicks on my 03 R6. Work great

I was talking with Sandy about this earlier in the year and he also runs a 200 on his R6. I'm thinking of trying it on my ZX6R. Either that or I'll try the new GPA Pro in a 190. I want a reversible rear, and the slick should last a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom