13mm master cylinder? | GTAMotorcycle.com

13mm master cylinder?

HERBXX

Anyone know which bikes have a 13mm master cylinders... Looking to convert my 78 80/7 bm from undertank to bar mount master cylinder.... Master is scrap and new ones are quite expensive..

Thanks

For that vintage you want a round Brembo.
They come in either 13 or 16mm... but OF COURSE being Brembo they're called 12 or 15mm.

Single disk Hondas and Yamahas of the '70s had 13mm masters.
I have a Yamaha if you want it.
Or I can rebuild the one you got

Woody has about 3 or 4 different model BMW's in his scrap yard, I think they all still have the hand controls on them.

For that vintage you want a round Brembo.
They come in either 13 or 16mm... but OF COURSE being Brembo they're called 12 or 15mm.

Single disk Hondas and Yamahas of the '70s had 13mm masters.
I have a Yamaha if you want it.
Or I can rebuild the one you got
The one I have is pitted so I guess it would require some machining then an overview size kit..

12 or 13mm is 12.7mm or 1/2"
The 16mm is 5/8"
I hate Brembo
... and the seals are different. Everyone uses the same seals EXCEPT Brembo.

Last edited:
You may be ale to run a ball hone down the bore.
If it's 1/2" and pitted you could hone it out to 13mm.

I ended up ordering a oem brembo from OPP racing.. It comes with the brake light switch and mirror hole..for about 200 cdn delivery.. Now to start investigating a brake line..

I ended up ordering a oem brembo from OPP racing.. It comes with the brake light switch and mirror hole..for about 200 cdn delivery.. Now to start investigating a brake line..
Brake line that does not stretch and balloon up under pressure is best. BMW typically uses a lot of solid steel line wherever they can.

You need to watch Worlds Fastest Indian

You need to watch Worlds Fastest Indian

I know the dude

2TSscwb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom