12k service and cost... | GTAMotorcycle.com

12k service and cost...

perferd

So I was just told by a dealer my bike should cost around $2k including parts and those parts might take 3-4 months to come in...

I knew it was going to be expensive but wow. Also figured parts might take a little time but again wow...

2010 MV F4

Not sure what I will do just yet...

You wanted the sexy exotic bike, you have to live with the sexy exotic bike problems.

There's a reason I ride plain-Jane Japanese bikes!

Find out what's on the scheduled maintenance and either DIY or find an independent mechanic to do it. I know next to nothing about MV Agusta but on a "normal" Japanese run of the mill bike, at that mileage it might be due for spark plugs, air filter, maybe valve clearance check, and that's not going to run 2 grand, nor are any parts involved that would take 3 months to get.

What parts do they want to change ... ? ? ?

So I was just told by a dealer my bike should cost around $2k including parts and those parts might take 3-4 months to come in...

I knew it was going to be expensive but wow. Also figured parts might take a little time but again wow...

2010 MV F4

Not sure what I will do just yet...
These bikes are the devil...they draw you in with their sexyness and then dismantle your wallet.

Probably a good idea to belong to a forum that specializes in these bikes as they will have done most of the work for you:

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php#/

Last edited:
Good find.

Interesting that they call for scheduled replacement of the countershaft and rear wheel sprockets. Most other bikes that's "when they wear out".

You're supposed to replace the side stand switch ... ! ! !

If you go by the book, and you thought the 12,000 km service was expensive, look at some of the higher ones. There's some expensive stuff upcoming.

Thx guys nice finds...

I'm not crying or freaked out about it as I knew when I bought it this would be an issue...

Just speaking in terms of what I would do but if it doesn't have a warranty to maintain, why not just skip a bunch of that stuff? Looks like a lot is just labour time to check over a thousand different things. Seems very weird you change the side stand switch every single service... how chincy are they...

That's a pricey service for 12k! I will as my new mech if he has worked on MV Augusta before. He charged me $180 for the valve clearance check on the ZX6R, where most mech's are $400+.

Last edited:
I've seen 2k service on a BMW K16.Only parts were oil and air filter.Bleeding brakes and torqueing fasteners isn't rocket science.

Good find.

Interesting that they call for scheduled replacement of the countershaft and rear wheel sprockets. Most other bikes that's "when they wear out".

You're supposed to replace the side stand switch ... ! ! !

There has to be a mistake there, that chart calls for replacement of the sidestand switch at every interval including the PDI lol

Otherwise the chart seems pretty rational. The countershaft and sprocket (I'm not sure I would have figured out what those were suppose to me on my own!) have a footnote basically "we know you're not going to do this, just replace them with the chain"

At least you don't own a Bugatti Veyron which costs $21,000 US for an oil change!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Self service will only cost you the parts plus a set of spline keys and a torque wrench. MV Agusta is one of the easier bikes to work on and the full multi-lingual service manuals are available for free. Now would be a good time to become intimately familiar with your awesome motorcycle.

At least you don't own a Bugatti Veyron which costs $21,000 US for an oil change!

A buddy owns an auto repair shop. Guy comes in with a high end Audi that he's bounced off a pothole. $4K for a new OEM wheel and tire.
When the customer started to b*tch, he explained he could get him a set of good aftermarket wheels for the kind of money.
When the guy continued to b*tch, he said 'you paid $80K for the car, get used to it'.

Last edited:
"I call it the ex-wife.."
justin-hammer-ex-wife-missle.jpg

A buddy owns an auto repair shop. Guy comes in with a high end Audi that he's bounced off a pothole. $4K for a new OEM wheel and tire.
When the customer started to b*tch, he explained he could get him a set of good aftermarket wheels for the kind of money.
When the guy continued to b*tch, he said 'you paid $80K for the car, get used to it'.
Customers, or should I say, tire kickers, come to me with their $5000 headlights off their $120,000 M4 to modify them and cry when I won't touch them for less than $1k.

Customers, or should I say, tire kickers, come to me with their $5000 headlights off their $120,000 M4 to modify them and cry when I won't touch them for less than $1k.

I have some questions... what is it they are hoping to have done?

Back
Top Bottom