12800km Maintenance for Honda 2011 CBR600RR | GTAMotorcycle.com

12800km Maintenance for Honda 2011 CBR600RR

moarmoto

IHi,

I was wondering if I can get some inputs on the matter of service/maintenance.

My 2011 Honda CBR600RR is approaching 12800km and as the owner's manual recommends, it's due for some service. I've changed oil and cleaned/lubed chain so far and visual inspection on fluids. Also have previous experience in adjusting chain in a different bike. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined (or getting there). What I know for sure now, is that coolant probably needs to be flushed and replaced, tires need to be replaced, oil needs to be changed.

Is it worth while to get the Honda dealer get it serviced? I'm a bit hesitant because of what I hear about most dealerships: not doing a good job, overcharging for unnecessary things, etc.

If anyone's ever used Honda dealerships for this 12800km service, could you provide me your experience with them?
- Which Honda dealership did you use
- How was their work
- How much did it cost

I'm also hearing great things about non-dealership shops like Ace Moto Tech in Milton. I'm sure that they can do what the dealerships can, if not better. Would you also recommend this approach?

Other option is, find a service manual and do it myself. But I hear 12800km is a bit more involved and I'll have to find time to do it myself, which I foresee taking a very long time (I recently moved so lots of my tools and stuff is still packed and garage is tiny).

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

IHi,

I was wondering if I can get some inputs on the matter of service/maintenance.

My 2011 Honda CBR600RR is approaching 12800km and as the owner's manual recommends, it's due for some service. I've changed oil and cleaned/lubed chain so far and visual inspection on fluids. Also have previous experience in adjusting chain in a different bike. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined (or getting there). What I know for sure now, is that coolant probably needs to be flushed and replaced, tires need to be replaced, oil needs to be changed.

Is it worth while to get the Honda dealer get it serviced? I'm a bit hesitant because of what I hear about most dealerships: not doing a good job, overcharging for unnecessary things, etc.

If anyone's ever used Honda dealerships for this 12800km service, could you provide me your experience with them?
- Which Honda dealership did you use
- How was their work
- How much did it cost

I'm also hearing great things about non-dealership shops like Ace Moto Tech in Milton. I'm sure that they can do what the dealerships can, if not better. Would you also recommend this approach?

Other option is, find a service manual and do it myself. But I hear 12800km is a bit more involved and I'll have to find time to do it myself, which I foresee taking a very long time (I recently moved so lots of my tools and stuff is still packed and garage is tiny).

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

I'll check when i get home and have access to my owners manual but I think the 12,000km check is mostly visual.

I have 80,000 km on my sportster and it's never been in a dealer for maintenance....runs better every year.

Back
Top Bottom