125cc "Adventure" bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

125cc "Adventure" bike

jc100

This thing looks pretty cool. Talked to the dealer selling it here in the UK and he cant keep enough of them in stock as they sell so well here. The graduated licensing helps with keeping lower engine capacity bikes popular in the UK. It's a Chinese made bike called the Sinnis Terrain. The quality has been getting quite good on the new Chinese bikes I was told.
34931d297632a937c5fc391c3c33f139.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Would be a great commuter bike if the suspension holds up to TO roads....as well as the engine and frame, and...

That may be the smallest "adventure" pannier I have ever seen. I'm with Riceburner, ditch the extra crap that makes it bigger and heavier and it could be an awesome commuter (or complete crap depending on quality).

11.2hp with 8.3ft.lb of torque and mated to a 5 speed transmission. A Honda CBR125R will kick its *ss.

11.2hp with 8.3ft.lb of torque and mated to a 5 speed transmission. A Honda CBR125R will kick its *ss.
We're not racing here, we're riding over manhole covers and streetcar tracks. I find sitting more upright is more stable and easier to cope with the front end going off on its own adventure. Would I prefer a Honda CB125X to this? Damn straight (assuming it was priced reasonably).

Would be awesome little putt to have somewhere like
Berma

I could go for this...
suzuki-v-strom-black.jpg

almost 25hp with 17 lb-ft torque

...though my current ride has just under 90hp and 45 lb-ft torque, so might miss that.
...hmmm, gonna agree with Trials, good for a slower geographic locale.

Last edited:
I think this little bike is neat. The luggage is perfectly sized for lane splitting (legal here) and isn’t being pretentious for the size of engine in terms of what this bike can carry. The dealer mentioned that he has several customers who bought these bikes that qualify for a much higher cc bike following the UK licensing system just to putt around town on. The fit and finish looked good but I didn’t go taking bits of plastic off. They are also very competitively priced.

we had a couple guys look at CSC 250's and get set on fire here. It wasn't a japanese big 4 so how could it start and run 2 days in a row??

I personally love the idea of a dirt cheap 125 that's just fun to ride. Throw it in the back of the pickup and go trail riding where ever you end up.

Problem is, Canada is Huge huge huge and the roads are exceptional :/ on average, Distances and sustained speeds are incomprehensible to somebody who hasn't rode or driven it. For those who have, imagine finding yourself on a loaded down scoot like that, trying to climb one of those long hills somewhere north of Lake Superior. .... not scary enough for you ... you're being over-taken by a logging truck and a Greyhound Bus :|

add: & if I'm not going across the province on my 250 adv bike, then why would I want so much luggage capacity.
lol scratch that I just looked at another photo, the luggage is munchkin sized.

Last edited:
Would make a nice UK green-lane machine I think but 11.2hp would be quickly eaten up if those panniers were loaded especially if you're more than 150-lbs. The suspension looks really, really basic and the plastics look to conceal a very basic frame. Fun little trailie but I'd be wary of its on-road manners & performance.

I'm going to try riding a small bike to work this summer. I go through 29 stoplights on a 10km route from home to work -- rarely hit 70kmh.

12hp and 9lbs of torque is supposed to grind out a top speed of 105kmh -- we will see!

That's where the discussion gets interesting. Those wackdoodles on scooter rallies go around lake erie in 24hrs, wringing the daylights out of 9hp. People go across the US on 4 and 5hp pre 1920's bikes going over the Rockies. Circumnavigations have been pulled off on 20hp bikes.
Theres a tool for the job, might be a bit of frustration getting pushed by a Freightliner on the downhill, just pull over, most of the shoulders are paved these days.

That's where the discussion gets interesting. Those wackdoodles on scooter rallies go around lake erie in 24hrs, wringing the daylights out of 9hp. People go across the US on 4 and 5hp pre 1920's bikes going over the Rockies. Circumnavigations have been pulled off on 20hp bikes.
Theres a tool for the job, might be a bit of frustration getting pushed by a Freightliner on the downhill, just pull over, most of the shoulders are paved these days.
If you are going to let passing vehicles force you off the road, you might as well just ride the road shoulder wherever it exists, frustration doesn't bother me, getting run over does.

Have you seen the movie "The straight story" it's about a guy who rides his old lawn tractor 240 miles from Iowa to Wisconsin pulling a trailer.
It didn't end well :|

...Circumnavigations have been pulled off on 20hp bikes...
That doesn't surprise me much. 20 hp will get you to 120 kph easy enough.

I'll boldly predict its the future. 20yr olds without a trust fund cant ride 1000cc bikes anymore. The Brits watched an entire industry collapse, thinking no one will ever need/want more than a 650 twin, then along comes Honda. But that arms race is wilting, 125cc and 250's will be insurable, fixable and mostly capable. you'd need to be a bit of a dope to try 400 series highways, but theres little fun to be had there anyway.

I'll boldly predict its the future. 20yr olds without a trust fund cant ride 1000cc bikes anymore. The Brits watched an entire industry collapse, thinking no one will ever need/want more than a 650 twin, then along comes Honda. But that arms race is wilting, 125cc and 250's will be insurable, fixable and mostly capable. you'd need to be a bit of a dope to try 400 series highways, but theres little fun to be had there anyway.
My 125 handles the highway fine until the piston melts.

125s sell well in countries where there are operators' licencing restrictions, like for mopeds and e-bikes here.
Until the laws change, there is no incentive for manufacturers to import them.

Back
Top Bottom