10/10/2013 403 WB just past Aberdeen. | GTAMotorcycle.com

10/10/2013 403 WB just past Aberdeen.

RIP rider. I rode this morning and it was scarey as hell in the dens fog. people driving without even day time running lights and making lane changes without looking properly. I had 4 way flashers on all the way to work.

You know I am in binbrook. Fog is bad up here. Was ready to hop on my bike and thought otherwise.
Take that road everyday. Sad story.
Prayers to his family.

It is very sobering to ride past something like that. I was riding in to work, very unsettling to pass a bike on its side and see the helmet on the ground beside it. The fog was surprisingly thick. Thoughts are with his family.

Sad news indeed

R.I.P. rider :(

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4149676-hwy-403-west-re-opens-after-morning-fatal-accident/

"News of the motorcyclist's death shook a Hamilton courtroom Thursday, after the judge told those gathered for the Brandon Musgrave murder trial that the man killed in the fatality was the spouse of one of the jurors.
At 11:30 a.m., just before the jury was set to enter the courtroom, Ontario Superior Court Justice James Ramsay told the room, "the accident on the 403 delayed traffic and many of us today. Unfortunately, the fellow killed is married to Juror No. 1, Ms Hancock."
As the jury then walked in to take their seats, some were crying and others appeared upset. When seated, Ramsay said to them, "You heard the news."
"I'm very sorry about this," he said — assuring them that there is nothing to stop them from giving their condolences or seeing the grieving juror.
They were then excused for the day. Hancock has been excused entirely.
Another Hwy. 403 rollover crash Thursday morning sent two people to hospital after a car collided with a tractor trailer in the eastbound lanes around 10:30 a.m.
Dense fog earlier Thursday may have contributed to these and other crashes this morning.
Around 9 a.m., three cars collided on the eastbound Hwy. 403 at Fiddler's Green Road in Ancaster.
There was another crash at the 403 eastbound off-ramp near Brant Street around 11 a.m.
With lanes closed in both directions until 3 p.m., traffic crawled through the city for the entire day.
Hamilton Police Staff Sergeant Greg Doerr said police were called in to redirect traffic at the Aberdeen Avenue off-ramp, but were not proactively redirecting cars elsewhere in the city.
"There's just not enough staff. People don't like traffic jams, but there's nothing we can do," he said.
According to the MTO, the 2010 annual average daily traffic volume on Hwy. 403 between the Main and Aberdeen exits is more than 100,000 vehicles — with no service roads.
"We will continue to be a willing partner (with Hamilton) … whenever they're willing … if they come to us, we'll still do it, there was never any intention of doing it, we just haven't heard from them," Poei said."

It was an FJ not a FZ.
He was a long term, long mileage rider. That bike has covered more miles and been more places than most of y'all bucket lists.

RIP...oh and **** you for screwing up my dinner plans. *******.

Back
Top Bottom